PDA

View Full Version : Confused... are these panic attacks?

man
23-08-17, 17:00
First post on these forums. Not really sure where to start.

Being treated for anxiety for two years. Deathly afraid I have a heart problem, have never been able to quite shake the fear. 35 year old male, BMI of 33 (used to be very healthy before I started my desk job and got severe depression 5-7 years ago).

Two weeks ago I started zoloft .25mg. Doubling tomorrow to .50mg. Since I started zoloft have had an intense spike in anxiety. I want to go to the emergency room every day, but grit my teeth and just suffer (my family can't afford it) and I know deep down it's anxiety. Been on Lamictal 150mg for a year. Take xanax 25 mg as needed.

But the sensations. The area around my heart goes icy cold. Waves of cold travel through my arms and legs. I feel intense dread. BUT. It only lasts a few seconds. And I'm left shaking and worried. This is not unfamiliar to me, it has driven me to the emergency room once two years ago where all checked out fine. But I want to know... has anyone else had these sensations? I am hoping that if I could get some reassurance that it is not something related to my heart that I could get through the anxiety a little better. Thanks for reading.

ana
23-08-17, 19:54
I feel like that when I panic. Cold waves go through me, I feel dread, and am left shaking, due to the spike in adrenaline. If you are really worried, you can get your heart checked out, just to be safe, but it definitely sounds like anxiety to me, and I'm a veteran panicker! :shades: