PDA

View Full Version : Lyme Disease

enhenry25
23-08-17, 18:32
I have posted about this in the past, however still am looking for reassurance form someone who is knowledgable in lyme disease.

It all started about 3-4 years ago after drinking heavily, where I woke up and experience vertigo and lightheadedness symptoms for over a few months. Convinced I had a physiological symptom and multiple negative tests, I was put on Paxil and have been on it ever since.

Symptoms have gone back and forth over the years, however the past year I have experienced IBS, floating stools, foamy urine, headaches, and very stiff neck and shoulders. I also have had eye pressure and black floaters that have appeared in the last year

I am currently under the care of a holistic medical provider who is putting me on various supplements but does not necessarily think this good be due to lyme disease.

I do have a past of anxiety, and OCD, and have obsessed over various health problems in the past.

I had a lyme blood test that came back negative from my primary care physician, however my research has shown that there is a much more sophisticated process involved in making a diagnosis.

Does this sound like HA or potentially Lyme disease? I also have various food allergies and they had also found yeast in my stool.

The blood test I have had reads: LYME DISEASE EIA W/REFLEX IGG IGM WB - Details
And it was in the negative range
Thank you in advance,

Henry

---------- Post added at 17:32 ---------- Previous post was at 16:24 ----------

Anyone have any related experience??

enhenry25
23-08-17, 22:54
?

Fishmanpa
23-08-17, 23:05
You tested negative for the illness. I don't know what else to say. Many here don't believe test results or doctor's diagnosis'. I don't know what evidence or reassurance that could be offered as the tests speak for themselves. Have you thought about therapy?

Positive thoughts

enhenry25
23-08-17, 23:50
You tested negative for the illness. I don't know what else to say. Many here don't believe test results or doctor's diagnosis'. I don't know what evidence or reassurance that could be offered as the tests speak for themselves. Have you thought about therapy?

Positive thoughts

Thank you for your response. I know that Lyme can manifest in many different ways and I figured someone on this board may have experience with test results.

I was interested to see if the test I had was reliable or if I should consider alternative measures. I have heard it is hard to diagnose.

I know my problem is most likely HA, but it is hard not to worry when you're having physical sensations. I guess I need to ignore them to the best of my ability.

Thank you

ross201
29-08-17, 01:43
Hey I've had these EXACT same symptoms, were you able to find out anything more about this? I got blood work done, MRIs and even a test for lupus. Found nothing

---------- Post added at 18:43 ---------- Previous post was at 18:39 ----------

I didn't have as many symptoms as the third paragraph but definitely the second. Especially the vertigo and dizziness!!! Also have bad anxiety and worry all the time. Right now I'm on Ativan which has helped a little bit just so I'm not up at night thinking and worrying about everything. Let me know what symptoms you have now

enhenry25
29-08-17, 03:46
Hey I've had these EXACT same symptoms, were you able to find out anything more about this? I got blood work done, MRIs and even a test for lupus. Found nothing

---------- Post added at 18:43 ---------- Previous post was at 18:39 ----------

I didn't have as many symptoms as the third paragraph but definitely the second. Especially the vertigo and dizziness!!! Also have bad anxiety and worry all the time. Right now I'm on Ativan which has helped a little bit just so I'm not up at night thinking and worrying about everything. Let me know what symptoms you have now
The more I think about it, while reading the forums and talking to others.. my symptoms mirror anxiety. When I am exercising, or focusing on another task, my symptoms disseminate. The more focus we put on our symptoms the worse they get. I am going to ignore any symptoms from now on and let them fade away as I forget about them. If this were lyme I would have many more issues and very stiff joints all around.