PDA

View Full Version : Melanoma,Back Pain,Tingles?

AJStyles
23-08-17, 20:17
I'm new to this forum but have considered myself a hypochondriac for quite some time now.
Only earlier today I discovered this abnormal mole/freckle. It stung a little and had dried blood but is no larger than 5/6mm.

I instantly called the 111 helpline and I have to ring the GP in the morning to arrange an emergency appointment as the operator was insistent on me receiving an appointment in the next 3 working days. This, of course has me really worried.

I have had intermittent lower back pain for just over a month now and I am 99.9% sure that this mole was not there one month ago yet I still fear the worst that this is melanoma and that it has spread to cause this back pain. Along with this, I have recently gotten tingles all over my body that comes and goes which started a few days ago. Are these symptoms related or is my anxiety playing up the back pain and tingles (some of what I have read suggests so)

I appreciate any help because I'm a 16 year old male and I'm always worrying about my health and I always think the worst.

These symptoms have kind of taken over because GCSE results day is tomorrow yet I have hardly given them any thought as I have been preoccupied with worrying about my health.

Pepperpot
23-08-17, 22:30
Ooooo good luck with your GCSE results!
Firstly, are you sure this is a mole/freckle?? With dried blood? And, why are you ringing 111? They are useless. They read from a script. They are not trained to diagnose you. I feel that this is anxiety, and probably growing pains tbh. You're only 16 bless you - you need some proper help to stop you feeling like this x

AJStyles
23-08-17, 23:33
Thank you,

I am fairly sure but it should be getting checked out tomorrow. Even if it is serious, I think I have recognised it earlyish since I am sure it wasn't there last month. I appreciate the response.