PDA

View Full Version : Trouble breathing

Panic Stations
23-08-17, 21:35
I seem to be moving from one symptom to another at the moment! On my way home I suddenly started thinking about my Breathing, I think because I have a sore throat and I think I'm getting a cold so I'm in an extra worry state lol.
All evening I haven't been able to stop focussing on my breathing and I have all these thoughts going through my mind about not being able to breathe suddenly. My chest feels horrible and tight like I can't get enough air in.
I'm shaking too. Years ago when my anxiety started I had tests because I was always obsessing over my breathing but everything was normal. I can usually get panic attacks under control but I can't shake this :( just feels good to be able to get it out!

Pepperpot
23-08-17, 22:24
Ah bless you. Distraction works wonders. Go for a walk and talk to yourself all the way along lol. Read a book. Play a computer game. Do something that will keep your mind off your breathing x

Panic Stations
24-08-17, 07:59
Thank you for your reply :) i played a game which helped a little and managed to relax more then had a good night's sleep. Feeling a bit better now. Think I'm going to order a self help book as I find them useful. It's been a while since I've had panic attacks it's like I've forgotten how to deal with them :doh: