PDA

View Full Version : COllar bone nodes, please help

Mamafox2
24-08-17, 04:58
I've posted before with no luck, I'm a nervous wreck. My appt with my general surgeon is sept 14, I have an appt with my primary this Friday. A little back round

Im a 29 year old female july 2015 groin node, ultra sound and core biopsy done and they said it was normal, nov 2015 an extremely moveable right clavicular node found, get ultrasound they said it's fine I was suppose to go back but instead went trough a terrible divorce and kind of put everything on the back burner. It hasn't groin though and it's around 1 cm.. now I have two on each side of the back of my neck (2 years) 1 at the right base towards the back (1 year) all extremely moveable and pea size and then two weeks ago I have no idea how bc my anxiety has been fine I discovered my "virchow node" which basically is the worse thing ever. It's very soft and moveable feels more long, but above it closer the side of my lower neck. It's been 2 weeks I can't stop touching it I'm nervous I have metastic cancer or lymphoma. I have a big trip next week that I'm worried I'm going to ruin bc of this, I don't want to be sick and miss out anything with my kids. Please help

Fishmanpa
24-08-17, 05:36
I'm a survivor so please try to take this to heart. You're talking about a pea sized node. Normal nodes can be up to 1cm. My nodes went from 1+cm or so to over 5cm in around 6 months!

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. I doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

In the two years since all of this has become a concern, you would be very ill and there would be no doubt in any medical professional's mind.

Positive thoughts

Mamafox2
24-08-17, 05:39
I'm trying to accept that but also why do new ones keep popping up? What if this is the start of something new? Just terrified bc I have lymph nodes all over and now I find the worse one. I'm trying to tell myself it's soft and moveable but I shouldn't be able to feel it in the first place..

Fishmanpa
24-08-17, 05:53
There are 400-600 nodes in our bodies. Poke and prod enough and you'll find a few. Keep poking and prodding and they become reactive/enlarged. Keep on poking and prodding and they can become shotty (permanently swollen). Most of the node fearing members would qualify for the Poke and Prod event at the Olympics! ;)

You can "What if?" all you want but it doesn't change the fact that a biopsy (the Gold Standard of tests) and all other tests were normal. I have a "Told ya so" all ready :)

Positive thoughts

Mamafox2
24-08-17, 06:08
Appreciate the response.. so truly the left clavicle nodes are NEW the LEFT, remember nervous lymph node checkers that's the death side! ... you all seriously think it's ok? I'm going to ask for an ultrasound and biopsy anyways but I just want to relax and stay calm until sept 14...

---------- Post added at 01:08 ---------- Previous post was at 00:56 ----------

Is it actually true that is you keep poking and prodding them they become shorty?