PDA

View Full Version : Periods and anxiety

Cakesmum
24-08-17, 18:46
Hi. I'm new in here and am hoping that someone can help me. I have suffered with anxiety and depression for 20 years and am taking citalopram daily. These past months my anxiety has been off the scale particularly the week before and during my period. Does anyone else have this problem. I'm really scared there's something wrong with my heart as am panicking so much. It's making me feel nauseous dizzy and shaking and my hearts racing. I feel like I need to run away.

Ellecee
25-08-17, 04:58
Oh honey, I'm so sorry. I can totally understand. It's happening to me too. Hormones are the worst. Have you seen someone to see if you have an imbalance?

Cakesmum
11-09-17, 15:41
Hiya. Thank you for your reply. I haven't yet no but I think I need to. My symptoms have eased over the past week or so but are still not great. I've had a massive panic again today and I'm now thinking "here we go again". It terrifies me every time it happens. I can't calm down very well when I'm in the grips of it. Have you suffered long?

Ethansmom
11-09-17, 18:03
I get the same way-- heart flutters, skipped beats, anxious thoughts, etc.. even more so the week BEFORE my period. Sometimes I feel better when I actually get it. How long have you been taking citalopram. I take 40MG and it's not helping so much with the anxiety, so the doctor added another med.