PDA

View Full Version : Lump in my throat

imogen
04-06-07, 13:37
The lump in my throat feeling which ive had for 2 months has now spread to between my shoulders when I swallow. Im terrified its throat cancer.Does anyone else get this?Iam on citralopram.:weep:

eeyorelover
04-06-07, 14:38
Did a search on this site and found 359 pages when put in 'lump in throat'!!

It is a very common symptom of anxiety. I have suffered for months and then it would go away for awhile as quickly as it came on.

If it concerns you too much hun go to your doc just to be sure and for peace of mind.

You are not alone - lots of us on here have had the same symptom and it was just plain old anxiety rearing it's ugly head!!!

Hope you feel better soon:hugs::hugs::hugs:

If you want to read more posts from others who have suffered with it just do a search and put in 'lump in throat'. You'll get TONS of posts to read through.

xxx
Sandy

alexis
04-06-07, 23:51
This is how I started, got a lump in throat, had X rays, scans,bariums etc etc.It spread,my shoulders my tummy, my neck, all over, before i got results,I could not believe it was anxiety, I dont have health anxiety,I knew nothing about anxiety.But at the end of the day, it was anxiety, it is hard to believe and accept but hope you get lots of replies to help, at the time, I was not fortunate enough to have found this site.xxx

imogen
05-06-07, 12:52
Thanks to Alexis and EEorelover for re-assurance.I become a pensioner on the 21 June, desparately want to feel o.k then, love Imogen

honeybee3939
05-06-07, 18:33
Hi Imogen

Yes very common with anxiety try these links too......

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=symptoms

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

nomorepanic
05-06-07, 19:00
I have had mine for 2 years this month with very little let-up along the way.

Drives me mad cos I am always swallowing and when I start to think about how hard it is to swallow I get anxious!

Docs told me to forget about it and it will go. Hmmmmm - 2 years on!

reddevil
06-06-07, 19:36
Hi,

I have had this lump in the throat feeling on / off for the last 12 months.

Mine goes when I eat, which is obviously a positive sign, does yours?

Red

alexis
06-06-07, 23:58
I used to drink gallons of water as like Red said, it went when eating, also i would get the feeling of not being able to swallow and needed the water to prove to myself I could, on a more positive note, Im so much better with it than I was at the beginning, I kind of learnt to ignore it, once Id had all tests.
Dont worry about becoming a pensioner, my mum is 86 and puts me to shame, she can do things which I no longer can. Your birthday is a special day with a silly number attached, xxx

alexis
07-06-07, 00:00
by the way,, I take it you have had it checked out by GP??

cattttt
07-06-07, 03:44
This was one of my first anxiety symptoms, when I was a teenager. I've had it on and off since then and it's only fairly recently that I realised it's an anxiety symptom and I've actually had anxiety for years but only had an official diagnosis six months ago.

lost hope
20-09-09, 23:53
Hi :weep: im so worrid at the moment i can feel and see a lump in my throat and my jaw hurts also .I my be worrying over nothing going on what alot of you have said as ive just lost my mum to cancer in july and am finding im just doing things as normal to stay strong for my girls,so i could be stressed i guess .I dont want to go to a doctor as i wouldnt want to here bad news :weep: .As i think i would just fall apart .Its horrid as i imagine im a time bomb waiting to blow.Cancer has played a big part in all my familys passing :scared11: .can anyone give me a kick as my mum is not here for advice im lost x:frown: