PDA

View Full Version : Pins and needles/ tingling sensation hands and feet

jaynehal
24-08-17, 19:20
Hi there

I have been bad with health anxiery for years and for some reason this year from may ive had ongoing health issues/anxieties

The new one this week is tingling in feet and hands rally worried again, ive no appetite either and eat for worrying

Anyone else had these symptoms with anxiety

Thanks

Jayne x

Fishmanpa
24-08-17, 19:22
Very common anxiety symptom. Check out the bottom of the page. There are several similar post links.

Positive thoughts

jaynehal
24-08-17, 19:57
Thanks for the reply ive driving myself silly thinking Ms, brain tumour x

Kez_miller
24-08-17, 20:10
Wow am I glad I found this. Literally you could have written this for me since may also I have had terrible health anxiety of which I haven't had for years. My concerns are also brain tumour or MS.

My symptoms are warm hands that feel like they're going numb but never actually do fully. Like I can still feel things and feel my skin and I also have been getting it on my face also which is my main concern. That feeling of it feels numb and warm but just isn't becuase I can still feel me touching my face, tickling. It's really strange and I have been going crazy about brain tumour for thenpast 2-3 weeks since it's been happening.

Please tell me you have this same feeling!

jaynehal
24-08-17, 20:21
I have hot hands and feet which come and go in the day this pins and needles is a new symptom, I'm so sick of worrying its so hard getting through the day with constant worries and no one understands

Kez_miller
24-08-17, 20:27
Yes everything I explained is a new symptom for me also. But think of it this way. What are the chances of both of us, having exactly the same symptoms and being on an anxiety forum and having a brain tumour. When only 16,000 people a year in the U.K. Are diagnosed with one. I'd say we have better chance at winning the lottery wouldn't you agree? :roflmao:

panikd1
24-08-17, 20:30
This sounds like a symptom of anxiety-induced hyperventilation. I had a bad episode of this many years ago, where my left arm was tingling (which I assumed was a heart attack symptom), legs were tingling, and even the top of my head was tingling. I had no clue what was going on, what was causing this, so of course I was convinced I was about to die. Turns out it was just a panic attack triggering the hyperventilation, which in turn caused the tingling. That's my guess based on your description.

jaynehal
24-08-17, 20:45
Isnt health anxiety horrible its takes over your life thanks guys for the feedback x

Becazican
24-08-17, 22:00
very common with anxiety

Darksky
24-08-17, 22:38
The symptom of tingling pins and needles is quite common, I get it in my hands and around my mouth. I think it's due to hyperventilation. We tend to shallow breathe all the time without knowing it.

hannahc128
25-08-17, 12:31
I get this often in my hands, lips, and tongue. My hands really have no rhyme or reason, it just happens and as soon as my mind is on something else it passes.

jaynehal
25-08-17, 18:35
Hi guys

Ive been for another trip to the docs he thinks the tingling could by anxiety and my constant nauseous I really feel drained and I'm so tired, mentioned my Ms worry he didn't seem to think it was that so I'm going to try the Cbt see if it helps I did it years ago and I didn't think much of it but I'm willing to try again x

tamo
26-08-17, 12:05
I have had the exact symptoms of numbness sensations in legs feet hands .also warm sensations or the sensation of a cobweb on my face o rlike cold water trickling on various areas . I thought I had MS or something worse . That was a good few months ago and these symptoms have gone .
Its awful when we cant stop worrying about things like this but anxiety can cause so many weird symptoms and we only feed them by worrying.