PDA

View Full Version : Update on bump

Lam123
24-08-17, 19:20
Hi Everyone,

I posted the last few days about a bump behind my ear and I thought it was a swollen lymph node. When I woke up today I was pretty sure it wasn't. So I saw my mom today and showed it to her, since it's impossible for me to see it. She thought the same as me, looks like a cyst with some liquid in it. So I will make an appt with the dr and ask about it. Has anyone had a cyst behind their ear? Does the dr pop it? Are they dangerous? I have had cystic acne before, but not this.

Thanks!

thestruggle
24-08-17, 21:36
My friend was talking to me today about a lump behind her ear actually! We were on the subject of lumps as I'm going through a worry of my own right now...and she said she had some weird lump, like a gland behind her ear :) She said it sort of moved too, but it was squidgy... not sure if she ever got a proper diagnosis, but pretty sure she said it was just a gland and after tests it turned out to be alright. I don't know what the doc will advise about removing the cyst..they might do it just because of the location and potential to grow bigger, or they might advise you to leave it alone unless it causes you problems... :)

Ellecee
25-08-17, 04:47
My sister had one when she was a teen. They ended up removing it, and sending it off for testing. It was benign. She still gets lots of cysts, now. I guess she's prone to them? I'm sure it's nothing, but get it checked out, just to be on the safe side.