PDA

View Full Version : Controlling anger

chatham1
24-08-17, 20:27
Not sure I'm on the right site let alone the right area.

Basically I fly off the handle very quickly. Little things annoy me and I upset people around me.
I've seen 'Kalms' on the shelves, but these are for kids right?? My girlfriend is on anti depressants so nothing bothers her. I'm not sure I want to be on them as I'm not depressed but I like the idea of being so chilled with scenarios.

To stress I'm talking about instant situations ie treading on the rake, dropping things, arriving to a shop and it being closed early, phone dying when you most need it etc etc

Yes I know these are little things compared to death, cancer, terrorism but to me they are problems, that don't seem to occur to others.

MyNameIsTerry
25-08-17, 04:44
What levels do the anger go to?

Do you have any anxiety or depression symptoms?

Antidepressants really aren't the "chill pill" the media sell them as, they can be a nightmare in their own right so it's good to hear your GF has found one that helps her.

Lucinda07
25-08-17, 07:03
Your stress/anxiety levels seem to be high.
Self help books such as Overcomming Anger may be useful, but require work & are no instant solution!
Kalms may help, but I agree with Terry on Antidepressants.

chatham1
25-08-17, 09:40
My level of anger is just me swearing and thinking why do these things happen. I never hit people or want a confrontation. It's just frustration but people around me (my family) get worried.