PDA

View Full Version : Upper Left Stomach Pain

Melonpony
25-08-17, 02:01
I've been experiencing pain in my upper left abdomen off and on for 3 weeks now. It comes and goes.

At first, it was a sharp pain under my ribs. Very specific spot. That usually appeared after a big meal. If I rub it or lay down on my stomach, it gurgles and I can feel what feels like air is stuck and being moved.

Could this be an ulcer or something I should get checked out, is it an IBS thing, and will it eventually go away and stop happening?

Please help!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:01 ---------- Previous post was at 00:53 ----------

Also want to note that I seem to bloat a lot more than I used to. Very bloated after meals.

Melonpony
26-08-17, 16:16
Anyone?

KK77
26-08-17, 17:02
An ulcer usually causes an intense gnawing pain that comes and goes - your pain fits IBS symptoms better. I would see a doctor if it continues though and get it checked out as you say.

Melonpony
26-08-17, 20:53
Thanks KK77!
SO UNLIKELY to be an ulcer. That's reassuring <3

KK77
26-08-17, 23:01
Thanks KK77!
SO UNLIKELY to be an ulcer. That's reassuring <3

I think so.

What's going on in your avatar, Melon? Were they attempting to land on Uranus? :wacko:

Melonpony
27-08-17, 18:38
I think so.

What's going on in your avatar, Melon? Were they attempting to land on Uranus? :wacko:Hahahaah maybe? I need to change it...I think that was auto avatar![emoji21]

turtleonaleash
30-08-17, 00:04
I've had this for the past 4 weeks or so. It triggered a full blown panic episode and agoraphobia. I just received my ultrasound results today - everything looks totally normal and it is just my IBS acting up. I also had a gastroscopy about 2 years ago - again, everything was normal (I was so positive I had an ulcer!)

Melonpony
30-08-17, 00:21
I've had this for the past 4 weeks or so. It triggered a full blown panic episode and agoraphobia. I just received my ultrasound results today - everything looks totally normal and it is just my IBS acting up. I also had a gastroscopy about 2 years ago - again, everything was normal (I was so positive I had an ulcer!)Wow thanks Turtle! We are in the same boat. This is horrible. It was better today, so I'm hoping it just goes away. :/

Kimberleaf
30-08-17, 04:10
I experience this as well. Not all the time, but it will come and go. I've believed it to be part of my IBS symptoms.

KK77- How would you describe "gnawing" pain? I don't dare look it up. lol

Melonpony
01-09-17, 15:15
Good question on gnawing pain. I have looked it up, and it said the pain seems to go from front to back - like all the way through the body. Is this correct for what you are meaning, KK77?

KK77
01-09-17, 18:53
It does tend to move about....a horrid, deep-seated burning pain, as if something is eating away inside you. You would know if you had that sort of pain. Very different to indigestion, heartburn etc in its intensity.

Now you have a poo avatar, Melon? Looks like someone made a big mess on the floor lol.

Melonpony
01-09-17, 19:29
It does tend to move about....a horrid, deep-seated burning pain, as if something is eating away inside you. You would know if you had that sort of pain. Very different to indigestion, heartburn etc in its intensity.

Now you have a poo avatar, Melon? Looks like someone made a big mess on the floor lol.LOL it's a bee eating honey! If your poop looks like honey, you may want to make a post about it. ;-)

KK77
01-09-17, 19:55
LOL it's a bee eating honey! If your poop looks like honey, you may want to make a post about it. ;-)

Now it is! This was what you had before...

I fear the bots have taken over your account Mel :wacko:

Melonpony
01-09-17, 20:02
Now it is! This was what you had before...

I fear the bots have taken over your account Mel :wacko:LOL! Well I changed it again to a flower, since I don't want people to think I have a poop picture. But that pic is a bee eating honey. I promise!

KK77
01-09-17, 23:15
I believe you ;)

Glad you're feeling a bit better today.

Melonpony
01-09-17, 23:27
Thanks KK77 :-)
Annoying feeling is still there, and has moved down a bit. So frustrated. Considering doing an elimination diet in case this is related to a food intolerance
.. :(

KK77
03-09-17, 16:33
Are you aware of any intolerances to certain foods? Do you find symptoms are worse after consuming a lot of carbs? Think trying to eliminate certain foods from diet will help, Mel.

Melonpony
03-09-17, 20:41
Thanks for the questions, Mel. I honestly haven't noticed any significant pain from specific foods, but pasta and heavy veggies have in the past.

The Upper left stomach pain is gone, for the entire weekend so far! I'm now thinking of making some changes to my diet to lose some weight (I'm not overweight, but I am 10 pounds over what I am comfortable being) and try and figure out if I can get my IBS under control. I'm so over it. 8 years I've had it. Do you suffer from any GI stuff? Any clues on aggrevations?

KK77
03-09-17, 21:46
Thanks for the questions, Mel. I honestly haven't noticed any significant pain from specific foods, but pasta and heavy veggies have in the past.

The Upper left stomach pain is gone, for the entire weekend so far! I'm now thinking of making some changes to my diet to lose some weight (I'm not overweight, but I am 10 pounds over what I am comfortable being) and try and figure out if I can get my IBS under control. I'm so over it. 8 years I've had it. Do you suffer from any GI stuff? Any clues on aggrevations?

You're Mel - I'm KK :shades:

I have problem with carbs - extreme fatigue. Think it's sensitivity reaction more than anything. Problem is it's difficult to totally avoid carbs.

Perhaps you should try cutting out dairy for a week and see how you feel.

Have you also had blood test to rule out any deficiencies/problems etc? I would advise getting that done first.

Melonpony
03-09-17, 21:52
Oh that makes sense that I'm Mel. :-)

I should request the allergy testing. I'm going to add it to my list for my annual wellness exam which is in 6 months. I honestly want to avoid going to the Dr this year if at all possible. 2 years ago, I went literally every month. Looking back, it's embarrassing. :(

Carbs are totally hard to avoid. I'm going to try to cut out gluten, sugar, and dairy for 3 weeks, and see if that helps any. I drink cream in my coffee daily, and consume cheese on a daily basis. Occasionally ice cream and yogurt.That should help me lose a few pounds, too. Two birds, one stone.

I'm glad the stomach pain is gone for now. What a nightmare that was. I hope it doesn't come back.

Melonpony
04-09-17, 01:55
Possible clue-
I had very little to ear today, avoiding gluten and dairy. I had some black coffee in the afternoon, and about an hour later, the same spot in upper left abdomen -one small spot- was stabbing pain. Could this be GERD/REFLUX w a coffee trigger????

Kimberleaf
05-09-17, 04:21
It's possible. Coffee gives me sharp, stabbing pains. :(