PDA

View Full Version : DVT fear returning

Hypomean
25-08-17, 12:47
About 7 days ago I fell asleep while stretching on the floor I had been doing the legs up on the wall with my bottom almost touching the wall. It's a technique my therapist had showed me for my anxiety. Well I think I just fell asleep and I just turned to my side and brought down my legs. The way I ended up caused my calf to be flush against my back thigh and it was a hard squeeze. My right ankle might of been lifted to rest on something near me. About a while later I wake up to excruciating pain on my right knee on the outer side and it travel to down the calf and up the thigh and the back of the knee is the worst. It feels tight. When I pend it a certain way it hurts a ton and my leg gets shaky. Going up the stairs hurts. My calf feels tight and like if I have a knit in there. When I sit down and get up it hurts my whole leg, but more centered st the back of the knee. After walking it's like it warms up and it doesn't hurt but I twist or make a sudden movement it hurts. At night it's a constant tight feeling. I have been trying to wait it out I made it already 1 week but yesterday I started thinking I probably
In the cramped up state for more then two hrs with no movement. What if it's a Blood clot. :doh: I start going through my symptoms.and the only thing I have and it's not typical DVT pain. BUT from one of my trips to the ER I was in a bed in front of an actual DVT suffering person. She was pretty open about her situation, she was mid 30s to early 40s and overweight, she said that she had gone to the doctors on her yearly check up and she casually mentioned the only problem she was experiencing was tightness in her calf. Her doctor said she wanted a ultrasound and that they had found a blood clot and she had the lady sent to the ER. Where they began treating her ASAP. And she had no idea before her diagnosis was before. She would laugh and say " can you believe this and apparently I can have a heart attack from this! And here I thought I sprained my knee" my guess is she also had some knee pain. So knowing that. Just freaks me out about my knee.
Another thing is my veins are more visible right now especially on the side knee,calf and area above the knee. I don't know if it's just due to the pain. Or like I said something is going on in my veins. And to be honest seeing the veins as they are is what brought up the fear. I was taking the pain as just straining it while sleeping. But yesterday I see it the veins and I start freaking out. Oh and I started getting pain in my groin area. It might be swollen since my underwear feels tightin just that area.
Should I give it another week
Should I be worried?

ServerError
25-08-17, 13:29
Yikes! That's some wall of text!

In terms of telling you of you should be worried, I don't think any of us can be certain. As you know, none of us are qualified medical professionals (as far as I know) and things like DVT can't be diagnosed via an Internet forum anyway.

However, I wonder what you'd say to somebody else if this was their thread. While nobody here can tell you exactly what's going on, I do know that none of your other concerns have come true and that you are in a deep anxiety spiral right now. I'm inclined to believe, if you were experiencing DVT symptoms, you'd have sought help by now. Does a bit of calf pain have to be a DVT? I get achey legs from time to time. I just take it as a sign I need to relax.

You're a very frequent poster right now, with a wide array of worries. That's fine - nobody should ever hold it against someone when all they're doing is seeking support. I personally feel very sorry for you and I look forward to the day when you move past this. I just want to implore you to start taking this bull by the horns and worknob getting control of it because you're wasting your life with worry. For me, that's the scariest thing about anxiety. You sit around and fret about dying, all the while throwing away your life in the here and now. You deserve better.

Hypomean
25-08-17, 15:14
Yeah my thumbs hurt afterwards, lol.

But yes it's a long post about something you guys can't diagnose but just having it out there lets me feel like finally someone heard me. I tried telling my husband and he said " why worry about that? Why not put that effort I to something else?" It stung a little but you guys are right I need to stop this. In a way I feel better about it this time because I've gone longer trying to wait it out instead of immediately coming on here.

I am and I have been able to ignore other things. Remember I fear odd symptoms.

Maybe I've been really nervous I have seen my post went up higher. Then usual as soon as I did not have insurance. And I mean before I had lost it I had not been to the doctors in two years. I think I just saw it as a bumper. Like if I really needed to go I knew I can just go.

ServerError
25-08-17, 15:40
Not living in the US, I don't (yet) have to worry about not having insurance. But if someone took away my access to the NHS, I'd be somewhat stressed. So it's interesting to note that things have ticked up since you lost your insurance. If you can, try to remember that not having insurance doesn't automatically mean you're going to get seriously ill and then abandoned to your fate. Challenge yourself by remembering that. Perhaps you could also get some advice on what you can do about your insurance situation.

Neither myself nor your husband are trying to upset you. Anxiety always needs to be challenged. Challenging it is better for you than reassurance, though I'm more than willing to tell you that I don't personally believe you have a DVT.

Hypomean
26-08-17, 07:35
Not living in the US, I don't (yet) have to worry about not having insurance. But if someone took away my access to the NHS, I'd be somewhat stressed. So it's interesting to note that things have ticked up since you lost your insurance. If you can, try to remember that not having insurance doesn't automatically mean you're going to get seriously ill and then abandoned to your fate. Challenge yourself by remembering that. Perhaps you could also get some advice on what you can do about your insurance situation.

Neither myself nor your husband are trying to upset you. Anxiety always needs to be challenged. Challenging it is better for you than reassurance, though I'm more than willing to tell you that I don't personally believe you have a DVT.

It's stressful, what if I get sick it will be a huge burden on my husband. Financially. That's where it goes at the end. We are in a position where we don't qualify for cheap insurance or have insurance through our employers. So we are in the middle. And if any medical issues or general check ups our kids need we do but we are trying to wait out until we are qualified for insurance thru work.
I try to stick to how I thought about when we had it but it's a big major problem if I do end up caving in and say I go to the hospital.

I know you guys are not trying to. It's the truth that is being said which I have to learn to accept. I managed to go through today with little pain in my leg and it helped calm the fears.

But I also think just being able to write it down and really think about it helped.
Thank you Server for replying to my post and giving me your time.

---------- Post added at 06:25 ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 ----------

So my fear decided to pop up right now.

In the form of me lifting my leg and getting pain causing this twitch to happen in my groin.
What does my crazy mind think. That I "manipulated the leg by causing it to contract thus dislodging blood clot"

Since it happened I feel like my heart isn't beating correctly. I've had the pins and needles on the right side of the body and I have air hunger.

Air hunger pops up with my anxiety. Okay. So it's anxiety

Pins and needles comes from hyperventilating. That's anxiety.

Heart not beating right??? My pulse is starting to rise. I'm freaking out. But could be from hyperventilating which equals anxiety.

Dilema my hubbys birthday in 30 minutes. I'm a horrible person.

---------- Post added at 06:26 ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 ----------

Why do I do this??

---------- Post added at 06:30 ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 ----------

Why get these dumb thoughts?

---------- Post added at 06:35 ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 ----------

This is illogical right?? How do I know. When I had severe blood clot fears a while back I had told doctors so and they laughed at me saying that's just not how it happens. Do you know how humiliating that was, to basically be told that's stupid and to laugh at you?? Hate this.

Usually when I start a new workout routine I get anxiety. And today I had started a new plan. This could be my reason for my panic attack.