PDA

View Full Version : Guidance please - how to deal with a loved one being sick

yeti
25-08-17, 20:53
I would really appreciate anyone's input on this. This week my mother told me that my dad is in the hospital for investigation ( they live in Europe I live in the US). He was pale and weak for the past weeks and so she forced him to go. They performed all sorts off tests and basically suspect something is wrong with the colon( waiting on biopsies to make the final diagnosis). I am a nervous wrack- nobody saw this coming- he is only 63 and always was a strong man. The sheer thought of him having the dreaded C is scaring the life out of me.( his mom had it as well) My own health anxiety is creazy high- been this way for a while now- but this puts it over the top. Please if you went through this how did you handeled it together with your HA ? How did you cope? I have vivid dreams at night, no rest and even sweat some! My stomach is in constant tension / knots. This is not just in my head ( like the usual health anxiety fears I have) - this is reality- something I am nowhere near ready to face. I had no clue where to post this - but if you read it and went through something similar please post below. I appreciate it!!!!

lulululu
25-08-17, 21:03
Well, until tests are back it's hard to say whats wrong. Can you go see him at all?
Sending you good thoughts and to you dad too!

yeti
25-08-17, 21:47
Thank you, yes I see him via skype and he looks good and optimistic. Praying the results come back with good news. His blood work looks good , for what is worth.