PDA

View Full Version : Introduce myself

nwoods92
25-08-17, 22:46
Hi I thought I would introduce myself.
I'm Neesha I'm 25 years old, heathy (or so I've been told) my mind says different. I suffer from extreme health anxiety, heart attacks, brain tumours and meningitis are my normal illnesses. I swap and change from each one regularly but have a million other illnesses from any slight pain. It's quite simply draining, upsetting and stressful. I suffer from panic attacks at least once a week and the whole thing is really taking its toll on me if I'm honest. Constantly looking for reassurance and as soon as I conquer one fear another one appears. Have been given setraline but obviously scared to take it. So I basically suffer everyday awaiting a new panic! 6 month wait for CBT counselling so it's me myself and I for now. Currently freaking about head pressure, burning and shooting pains - thinking an anerysm. Crazy hey? I hope I'm not alone lol. Apart from all This I'm actually a fun loving person ! I promise x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KK77
26-08-17, 00:07
Welcome to NMP, Neesha.

Why don't you start by taking half a tablet of your sertraline to begin with and see how you cope with any side effects? I took this med for a few years and it was one of the milder SSRI antidepressants. You might indeed have a long wait for talking therapy so a med to help with your anxiety/panic in the meantime would be wise.

All the best with your recovery.

Midnight-mouse
26-08-17, 10:04
Hi I thought I would introduce myself.
I'm Neesha I'm 25 years old, heathy (or so I've been told) my mind says different. I suffer from extreme health anxiety, heart attacks, brain tumours and meningitis are my normal illnesses. I swap and change from each one regularly but have a million other illnesses from any slight pain. It's quite simply draining, upsetting and stressful. I suffer from panic attacks at least once a week and the whole thing is really taking its toll on me if I'm honest. Constantly looking for reassurance and as soon as I conquer one fear another one appears. Have been given setraline but obviously scared to take it. So I basically suffer everyday awaiting a new panic! 6 month wait for CBT counselling so it's me myself and I for now. Currently freaking about head pressure, burning and shooting pains - thinking an anerysm. Crazy hey? I hope I'm not alone lol. Apart from all This I'm actually a fun loving person ! I promise x

Hi neesha, I'm very much in the same boat as you. I have similar health anxiety subjects that I obsess over. I hope today is going well for you.

nwoods92
26-08-17, 19:15
Really think I have a brain aneurysm ready to erupt , the pain is a pressure on top of the skull and tight neck hurts when I touch it too. Struggling x

rose1234
26-08-17, 23:17
Hi Neesha,

You're not alone! My health anxiety takes control of my life.
My biggest fear over the last 2 months has been heart attack due to chest pain, and despite ECGS, Blood tests, stool tests, urine samples, X-rays which have all come back fine I'm still not convinced and it's driving me crazy as I know the thoughts are so irrational.
Taking sertraline was one of the best decisions I made - I'm on 100mg daily and it's really starting to help whilst I wait for CBT.

If you ever need a chat, I'm all ears :hugs:

nwoods92
27-08-17, 19:07
Hi Neesha,

You're not alone! My health anxiety takes control of my life.
My biggest fear over the last 2 months has been heart attack due to chest pain, and despite ECGS, Blood tests, stool tests, urine samples, X-rays which have all come back fine I'm still not convinced and it's driving me crazy as I know the thoughts are so irrational.
Taking sertraline was one of the best decisions I made - I'm on 100mg daily and it's really starting to help whilst I wait for CBT.

If you ever need a chat, I'm all ears :hugs:

Thank you so much that's really made me feel better I think I will try and take the tablets and see how I go. I just need something to stop feeling crap every day! X

Deckard
28-08-17, 21:38
Hey Neesha,

I know what you are going through; in fact, I could’ve written that introductory post…

I was also given sertraline. There were some startup side effects, yes, but they did help me in the end. So give them a try. :)

And, as others have offered already, if you ever want to chat or need a sounding board, feel free to message me.

Hope you are feeling fine today. :)

—Deckard