PDA

View Full Version : Afraid about Xanax withdrawals

anx1ous
26-08-17, 02:39
Hi guys,
My anxiety has been sorta bad this past year or so. I take 100mg Zoloft, but I also take 0.25 or sometimes 0.125mg Xanax once a day. I've been taking it on and off for like a couple weeks at a time for the past few months. Usually it's the 0.125mg though. I stopped taking it a couple weeks ago completely, and my anxiety feels all weird. It's sorta hard to sleep but I end up sleeping, and my anxiety has a little bit more of an edge to it if that makes any sense. Maybe these are just plain old anxiety symptoms since I'm going back to school + my birthday is soon. My dose is pretty small so I dunno.

melfish
26-08-17, 16:24
With that short of a duration and the tiny dose, you shouldn't have any withdrawal symptoms at all, except perhaps a slight rebound of your anxiety. I took .5mg a day for a month or so, and tapered off by halving the pills for a few of days. I was going to quarter if necessary, but I had no need.

Goblin88
27-08-17, 00:28
If you stopped taking them 2 weeks ago, then the worst of the withdrawal, if any, would be over by now. You may be feeling some rebound anxiety, but that will pass soon enough as well.

I’d put this down to the stress you’re feeling about school and your birthday.