PDA

View Full Version : Well, this keeps happening.

deejaay2
26-08-17, 12:43
Morning, all!

Once again I have continue to stay up and now I'm anxious about going to sleep. Ugh. I know. There were a lot telling me to stop this and get rest but I have this feeling if I stay up everyday.. I might have a seizure in my sleep.

Apologies if this driving you all crazy. I have a fear of getting seizures. And wonder can they happened if you stay up everyday. Once again, I'm sorry. I am still up. It's 6am where I'm at (Chicago) and this been going on for a while. Me staying up and afraid to sleep. Somebody please help. :weep:

Thank you,
Deanna J.

Darksky
26-08-17, 14:05
You must be sleeping at some point though. The human body needs its sleep and there is only a certain amount of time you can force yourself to keep awake before the body goes into self preservation mode and you sleep whether you want to or not.
So I'm presuming at some point, you literally drop off in your chair or wherever. When this happens, you always wake up ok? Try and reinforce this in your head, you always wake up ok.

Fishmanpa
26-08-17, 14:45
You never answered the question about therapy on another thread. You said you were going to get help several weeks ago. Have you spoken to your parents? Made any steps toward professional help?

Positive thoughts

KK77
26-08-17, 14:57
I'm not sure why you think you'll have a "seizure". Understand you're afraid of getting one but lack of sleep doesn't mean you'll have a seizure, and, as you're obviously aware of this irrational fear, it must surely make sense that the longer you fight and resist going to bed, the more entrenched and stronger your fear and anxiety will become.

deejaay2
26-08-17, 15:23
You never answered the question about therapy on another thread. You said you were going to get help several weeks ago. Have you spoken to your parents? Made any steps toward professional help?

Positive thoughts

I have told my mom about it and she haven't answered. She think nothing is wrong with me and saying that I am doing this for attention, I'm not. :weep:

Fishmanpa
26-08-17, 15:35
I have told my mom about it and she haven't answered. She think nothing is wrong with me and saying that I am doing this for attention, I'm not. :weep:

Perhaps ask again and show her your threads here. As a parent of a daughter that suffers from anxiety and depression, it's imperative they have an understanding of what's happening with you. Ask her to take you to the doctor if necessary and show him/her your posts. It's quite obvious you need some real life help with this.

Positive thoughts

deejaay2
26-08-17, 20:19
Perhaps ask again and show her your threads here. As a parent of a daughter that suffers from anxiety and depression, it's imperative they have an understanding of what's happening with you. Ask her to take you to the doctor if necessary and show him/her your posts. It's quite obvious you need some real life help with this.

Positive thoughts

I don't know about that. It will upset her even more if I show her the post I wrote. :weep:

This been going on for the past three months and I am kind of on edge. This phobia of mine is getting out of hand and I am still afraid that it might happened out of nowhere. Like I just woke up and felt 'blah' lol. But that's good that you understand your child and I'm sorry that she is going through that. My mom understands me, sometimes, she tells me I have to live with it and accept it.

Fishmanpa
26-08-17, 20:46
My mom understands me, sometimes, she tells me I have to live with it and accept it.

She's right to a degree. You just need some professional help in learning how to do just that. My daughter takes meds and has been in therapy for a while. She works hard and she's doing great now.

Positive thoughts

deejaay2
26-08-17, 21:44
She's right to a degree. You just need some professional help in learning how to do just that. My daughter takes meds and has been in therapy for a while. She works hard and she's doing great now.

Positive thoughts

That's great to hear! And you're so right I do need help. I'm so tired of living like this honestly. And what caused your daughter to have anxiety/depression? If you don't mind me asking. Mines come from being bullied, death in the family and caffeine lol. I had my first panic attack at eleven.