PDA

View Full Version : Post nasal drip?

Wilburis
26-08-17, 16:01
Hi

Can a post nasal drip irritate just one side of your throat?

It seems to be on the side that I sleep on.

x

Fishmanpa
26-08-17, 16:10
Your answer? Gravity.... ;)

Positive thoughts

AntsyVee
26-08-17, 20:21
Yes. And if you have a tonsil on that side, it will get red and swollen as the fluid keeps running over it.

Wilburis
26-08-17, 21:33
Thank you.

I did go to the GP yesterday and he said my throat looked OK.

It's so weird as only one side of my throat is feeling a bit raw.

He said he may send me for a camera down there as its been going on for a couple of months now.

x

AntsyVee
26-08-17, 22:38
It's not weird. It's normal. That's post nasal drip when only one side of your sinuses are draining. You know your sinuses have two sides, right?

Wilburis
27-08-17, 12:06
Thank you xx

MyNameIsTerry
27-08-17, 12:17
I know when I have colds or hayfever it's always one nostril that inflames more than the other. Don't different nostrils have different uses anyway?

For PND some use neti pots. A little teapot tipped down the nose to clear it out with saline.

Wilburis
27-08-17, 12:35
Hi

I have one of those neti pots but Im too scared to use it :blush:

AntsyVee
27-08-17, 18:55
Why are you scared to use it? That's completely irrational.

Neti pots, saline nasal spray, Sudafed, and an antihistamine (if you have allergies) are generally the standard treatments for post nasal drip.

LizMac42
22-02-18, 17:03
I have had post nasal drip for years - had full ENT with camera and was told I had Reflux - however tablets did no good and was sure I had not got Reflux. Recently read on internet it can be caused by allergy - so tried antihistamine (Zirtek) and results have been really good. The only problem is that the Zirtek makes me feel tired all day - can anyone recommend an antihistamine that doesn't??

Scass
22-02-18, 20:15
I use loratidine which isn’t supposed to be make you drowsy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

au Lait
22-02-18, 21:39
Yep. Happens to me quite a bit when my allergies are flaring up.

MyNameIsTerry
23-02-18, 01:46
I use loratidine which isn’t supposed to be make you drowsy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, my mum has to take these quite often due to flare ups of her skin condition causes by her blood pressure meds. This doesn't make her drousy unlike the others you tend to see.