PDA

View Full Version : Body gets hot while falling asleep.

deejaay2
27-08-17, 01:16
Evening, all. How is everyone doing?

In the afternoon, I was about to take me a nap and all of a sudden, I felt my body get hot? (My eyes had shot open and my heart begin to beat faster — scary.)
I never experience nothing like this before taking a nap. Now I woke up sweaty, neck is kind of sore (like I couldn't sit up straight)

I haven't took a visit to Dr. Google lol. But is this the normal or a serious medical condition? P.s, I was under a heavy blanket and it was warm, the fan is blowing and my body temperature is normal.

Thanks,

Deanna J.

rose1234
27-08-17, 01:37
Hi Deejay,

I get this, especially if I've had an overly anxious day.
I don't know what it is and I don't get it that often but I usually have a glass of cold water and go and sit outside for 5 minutes to calm/cool down, I find that helps :)

Hope it stops for you soon x

deejaay2
27-08-17, 01:42
Hi Deejay,

I get this, especially if I've had an overly anxious day.
I don't know what it is and I don't get it that often but I usually have a glass of cold water and go and sit outside for 5 minutes to calm/cool down, I find that helps :)

Hope it stops for you soon x

Hey rose1234! And yeah, I was kind of anxious about the whole seizure thing earlier lol. That went away. But I was staying up til eight this morning and I think it brought on rem sleep? Don't know. It just something new I've experienced.
I will make sure to do that! It's getting kind of cool but thanks! I hope it won't happen again either lol. :)

AntsyVee
27-08-17, 01:48
It's normal. Also, your temperature rises normally as the day progresses.

I hope you get into therapy soon.

deejaay2
27-08-17, 02:22
It's normal. Also, your temperature rises normally as the day progresses.

I hope you get into therapy soon.

I will, seriously. I am going to ask my mom again when she comes home.

Fishmanpa
27-08-17, 05:43
My daughter came to me in her first year of college and talked to me about her anxiety and depression. She was 18. Her Mom and I have been divorced since she was 5. I saw her and my son, based on the custody agreement, every other weekend or more depending on plans with their Mom. I could see the telltale signs but she seemed to be doing Ok.

As a side note: One of the main reasons for the divorce was due to the mental illness of my ex. She suffered from severe depression that manifested itself into hoarding. It started after the birth of our daughter. Our marriage was struggling due to it. I finally convinced my ex to to go therapy together. After two sessions, the therapist wanted to see us separately. She only went for a couple sessions and quit. I knew then it was over.

I bring this up because I know in my heart, that in addition to what I truly believe is a genetic influence, seeing her Mother suffer in addition to the trauma from the divorce played a large part in her own anxiety and depression.

I say all this because it was the way my daughter presented it to me was so "matter of fact" that I wasn't surprised. It just made sense. She said....

Dad, you know what Mom deals with right?... Well, I'm having some problems with it too. I'm really struggling. On top of that it makes me anxious and I just get all out of whack about things. I need help.

She didn't have to say anything else. I knew...

You could say something similar...

Mom, You know I've been having some crazy thoughts recently right?... I know you think it's crazy but I'm really struggling. I can't seem to make them stop. Please, I need help.
How could she NOT get you help?

So.... back to my daughter :).... I called my ex and we made sure she got help. She's been on meds since she was 18 and in therapy. She struggled a lot and took a semester off college to get herself together. She worked her rear end off and now she's doing great! She graduated and has her dream job teaching pre-schoolers. And if you've read my replies, I'm the same way with my daughter. I'm always there for her but I'll call her on the BS irrational stuff... and she has some doozies! I make her fight off the dragon long enough to see reason. Like faith, all one needs is a grain of reason to hold onto.

One of the sadder things I see on this forum are the amount of young people suffering. It's my hope you take the steps to heal so there will be one less young person posting :)

Positive thoughts

deejaay2
27-08-17, 06:29
My daughter came to me in her first year of college and talked to me about her anxiety and depression. She was 18. Her Mom and I have been divorced since she was 5. I saw her and my son, based on the custody agreement, every other weekend or more depending on plans with their Mom. I could see the telltale signs but she seemed to be doing Ok.

As a side note: One of the main reasons for the divorce was due to the mental illness of my ex. She suffered from severe depression that manifested itself into hoarding. It started after the birth of our daughter. Our marriage was struggling due to it. I finally convinced my ex to to go therapy together. After two sessions, the therapist wanted to see us separately. She only went for a couple sessions and quit. I knew then it was over.

I bring this up because I know in my heart, that in addition to what I truly believe is a genetic influence, seeing her Mother suffer in addition to the trauma from the divorce played a large part in her own anxiety and depression.

I say all this because it was the way my daughter presented it to me was so "matter of fact" that I wasn't surprised. It just made sense. She said....

Dad, you know what Mom deals with right?... Well, I'm having some problems with it too. I'm really struggling. On top of that it makes me anxious and I just get all out of whack about things. I need help.

She didn't have to say anything else. I knew...

You could say something similar...

Mom, You know I've been having some crazy thoughts recently right?... I know you think it's crazy but I'm really struggling. I can't seem to make them stop. Please, I need help.
How could she NOT get you help?

So.... back to my daughter :).... I called my ex and we made sure she got help. She's been on meds since she was 18 and in therapy. She struggled a lot and took a semester off college to get herself together. She worked her rear end off and now she's doing great! She graduated and has her dream job teaching pre-schoolers. And if you've read my replies, I'm the same way with my daughter. I'm always there for her but I'll call her on the BS irrational stuff... and she has some doozies! I make her fight off the dragon long enough to see reason. Like faith, all one needs is a reason to hold onto it.

One of the sadder things I see on this forum are the amount of young people suffering. It's my hope you take the steps to heal so there will be one less young person posting :)

Positive thoughts

Aww, that's great that she got the help she needed. Back in Junior high, I went to therapy for two weeks and stop going. I felt better after that but the bullying continues and I slipped back into the depressed state. I pretend to be sick or even not want to come to school. It's like, you said that you're ok but you really not. I swear, being bullied was tough. :weep:
After school, I never got any help then. There were times when I have a panic attack or think something bad is about to happen? I tell my mom and she just get upset, saying: "You're fine Deanna, stop worrying yourself like that!" I cried so bad, it's like she never understand me. I became a hypochondriac then. Visit Dr. Google so much, believe I got ten diseases trapped in my body lol. From brain tumor to cancer to epilepsy. Yeah, I thought I had it all. I went to the doctor, they took my blood and said everything was normal. A little calmed but I know it is still in there lol. Just the thought would come back into my mind and I think about it. Wondering if it is going to happen for real. It didn't? And why? The mind is to blame. I was too afraid of getting help or asking my mom cause I know she's going to say the same thing. But she still loves me, knows what is going on. Just she is tired of me driving myself crazy with this.

AntsyVee
27-08-17, 06:33
You need to explain to your mom that this is not just something that you can easily stop. You need help stopping. Thus the therapy... parents don't often understand what they aren't educated about. Hopefully the therapist will also talk to her about what is going on with you.