PDA

View Full Version : panic attacks with headache diazepam withdrawals

tamo
27-08-17, 10:04
Hello , I am having flare ups of panic along with strange head sensations like short zaps of pain which keep me in a state .

I am on day 5 of stopping diazepam .

My dose was between 8 -12 mg a day .

I decided to get off these as I noticed I was steadily needing more .

Would this dosage over a few months be enough to cause quite bad symptoms ?

I am craving them now as I know they will calm me but i'm determined to get off them .

Thanks

snowghost57
27-08-17, 14:07
I hope you are under a doctors care. Diazepam is very addictive and is not even prescribed in my country. Don't do this alone. I don't know what type of medical care or support groups you have in your country. I would try to find one online and seek help.

tamo
27-08-17, 17:12
Thank you , in parts of UK they are prescribed mostly for short term help ,im afraid I have been taking them too long . I am going to contact my GP in the morning .

thanks

dally
27-08-17, 22:46
Diazepam should never be stopped abruptly and should be reduced gradually.
Yes side effects can occur in withdrawal, I had head zaps on withdrawal. Gradually lessening in intensity and frequency over a six month period.
However, diazepam withdrawals affect us all differently

tamo
28-08-17, 08:40
The dull tension headaches and short zaps are the worst for me . After 6 days I couldnt stand it any more and have taken 2x 2mg and about to call the GP to arrange a vistit to go on a tapered program . I was terrified i was going to die last night .