View Full Version : Scared ate undercooked chicken ?! :(

Lockey1995
27-08-17, 19:45
Hey,

So I put some hunters chicken in the oven for 25 minutes instead of 30 stupidly :( and now I'm terrified I ate one then on the second one I realised it was pink on the top and raw on the other, I've not really been with it the last couple of days so I doubt I'd even know but surely I would right ? I only ate the first one and maybe it was the same without realising!.

I'm freaking out majorly now :( and can't calm down

KK77
27-08-17, 19:54
You would know because you'd be filling the bog non-stop so I'd say you're fine.

ServerError
27-08-17, 19:55
You can't change what happened, so just accept it. See how you feel. If you start to feel stomach pains or you start vomiting, seek some help.

But it's very unlikely you'll fall ill because of this. Chicken should always be cooked thoroughly for complete safety, but in reality, I'm sure many of us have made mistakes with cooking chicken in the past and lived to tell the tale.

Lockey1995
27-08-17, 19:55
You would know because you'd be filling the bog non-stop so I'd say you're fine.

Only just ate it 20 mins ago

ServerError
27-08-17, 19:56

Or this. :roflmao:

KK77
27-08-17, 20:04
Only just ate it 20 mins ago

So you'll know soon enough - but I'm sure you'll be OK ;)

Midnight-mouse
27-08-17, 20:08
Technically if it got hot enough you should be just fine :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lockey1995
27-08-17, 20:08
Well shit, it was bought at about 2 o clock and in freezer since 3 so idk if it had to be defrosted ffs!

ServerError
27-08-17, 20:20
Your thoughts are running away with you and you know they are. You feel fine right now, so if that changes, react then. But please recognise that the chances of you getting ill are extremely low.

Ask yourself how this panic is helping you in any way.

Lockey1995
27-08-17, 20:20
You can't change what happened, so just accept it. See how you feel. If you start to feel stomach pains or you start vomiting, seek some help.

But it's very unlikely you'll fall ill because of this. Chicken should always be cooked thoroughly for complete safety, but in reality, I'm sure many of us have made mistakes with cooking chicken in the past and lived to tell the tale.

Surely I'd know and react to it if the one I did eat was raw right ? Pretty sure that was warm and tasted fine my head is just spinning ATM trying to remember what I ate :(

Midnight-mouse
27-08-17, 20:26
Surely I'd know and react to it if the one I did eat was raw right ? Pretty sure that was warm and tasted fine my head is just spinning ATM trying to remember what I ate :(

Your over thinking it and trust me I know all about that. I am an emetophobic and have been in the same position as you (strangely with hunters chicken too) and I was fine

Lockey1995
27-08-17, 20:36
Your over thinking it and trust me I know all about that. I am an emetophobic and have been in the same position as you (strangely with hunters chicken too) and I was fine

Yeah i believe it's the panic/ overthinking stage know trying to remember exactly what it feels like was it cold was it not? I'm pretty sure logically thinking i would've gone it's cold and spat it out instantly without even thinking about it and would've obviously knew.

ServerError
27-08-17, 20:42
Mate, go and do something else. Get offline for a bit. Get some fresh air. Watch something you like. Anything. There's no point in any of this. You'll be fine.

Fishmanpa
27-08-17, 20:45
Hey,

So I put some hunters chicken in the oven for 25 minutes instead of 30 stupidly :(

Technically they were done at 25 minutes. 30 minutes would have been a bit more crispy but at 25 minutes, logically they couldn't have been rare or raw. It's no different if you compare cooking time with a frozen pizza. Food doesn't go from rare/raw to done between 25 minutes and 30 minutes cooking time.

Positive thoughts

Carrie8484
27-08-17, 21:14
i ate raw chicken in a restaurant on my birthday of all dates. i am emetophobic and unfortunately i was ill, but it was all 'the other end' if that makes sense which is lucky for someone like me, and i wasn't severely poorly with it. you all know within about 6 hours if you are sick.

lofwyr
27-08-17, 21:17
While risky, you could eat absolutely raw chicken almost always without illness. And even if you got sick it is almost always less than deadly. You would simply be spending some time in the loo.

Lockey1995
28-08-17, 00:13
Technically they were done at 25 minutes. 30 minutes would have been a bit more crispy but at 25 minutes, logically they couldn't have been rare or raw. It's no different if you compare cooking time with a frozen pizza. Food doesn't go from rare/raw to done between 25 minutes and 30 minutes cooking time.

Positive thoughts

Weird as the other one was actually pink on the top or raw that's when i noticed and stopped eating but i already ate the one.

Midnight-mouse
28-08-17, 00:16
Weird as the other one was actually pink on the top or raw that's when i noticed and stopped eating but i already ate the one.

The chicken can look pink but be perfectly cooked because it's wrapped in bacon

thestruggle
28-08-17, 00:41
I'm pretty sure if you ate undercooked chicken, the type of food poisoning you would have from it would be within a few hours.. As has been said above, you'd just get quite acquainted with your bathroom :) I went to a BBQ recently and ate a bit of chicken that had pink bits and was totally fine afterwards..

Midnight-mouse
28-08-17, 09:15
How are you doing Lockey?

Lockey1995
29-08-17, 19:27
How are you doing Lockey?

Fine thank you for asking :) must have been ok the piece i ate surely freaked me out though

Midnight-mouse
29-08-17, 19:28
Fine thank you for asking :) must have been ok the piece i ate surely freaked me out though

I'm glad there wasn't anything to worry about in the end though :)