PDA

View Full Version : Bad derealization, worried it's something worse causing it

Jotia
28-08-17, 00:41
So this all started with a few days of not being able to get to sleep properly, I kept getting anxious I wasn't sleeping. Now for the last 5 nights I have slept fairly normally, some nights still took me a while but no where near as bad as last week. The only problem is I'm still terrified i won't sleep and every day the closer I get to bed time the more worried I get, but this is when I start feeling odd. At night before I go to bed something I don't feel anxious but something feels "off" like not quite right, not the same as it did a few weeks ago, and everything feels sort of dull. I'm freaking out I don't know if this is derealization or the start of something worse, I feel like I'm going mad.

thestruggle
28-08-17, 01:17
Anxiety doesn't always manifest as a full blown panic attack or thoughts you're aware of..sometimes you can just sit there and stare straight ahead, just feeling "off" and that's all part of it too :) My anixiety attacks can sometimes be where I feel like life is moving around me and I'm not in touch with anything...hard to explain! If going to bed is causing you worry, it might be that triggering this feeling you're having..