PDA

View Full Version : Shaking Inside

Fjoergyn
04-06-07, 23:31
I start to learn how to live with most of the symptoms I have (pain in my chest, stiff neck etc.) but since last wednesday I feel very strange. It feels like I am shaking inside and I have a prickling feeling inside my legs and sometimes chest and arms as well. When I lay down or sit still it feels like my pulse is 200 but when I check it is normal.
It starts when I wake up and doesn't stop until I sleep.
Any of you ever had this?
I am a bit scared because it is almost a week now and won't stop :/

Oh, almost forgot...I take St. John's Wort daily since 4 days but it doesn't seem to help at all.:shrug:

clickaway
05-06-07, 00:32
Hi

I have suffered from shaking for the past three years, and am still here. It is a fairly common sign of stress.

I have had a bad dose of it today and happened to see my therapist. He reiterated that you just have to let it pass. Try a distraction and perhaps some relaxation exercises.

Take Care

looking4answers
05-06-07, 08:23
Anxiety .. I looked everywhere for someone to say that was anxiety and after months and months I figured if it was something bad I would already have been dead..It happens to me on a dailiy basis one thing or the other or all of it and my pulse feels that way too sometimes only to check and find it actually beating slower than expected..All anxiety .. just ignore it and keep on going..

shoegal
05-06-07, 16:57
Shaking is a common symptom of anxiety and it's what I suffer from the most! Sometimes it's like a trembling on the inside that you can't see, and sometimes I shake really badly and I can barely hold a cup!

It's nothing to worry about so try to ignore it if you can. :flowers:

Love and hugs from shoegal xxx

Fjoergyn
05-06-07, 18:56
Thank you all for your answer :flowers:
I went to the doctor today anyway (had an appointment since last week) and he wanted to give me antidepressants. I forgot the name but it was rather long. Well, I said I actually don't want them and he said then he can't sign me up for counselling :shrug: Anyone of you ever heard that?
Anyway, I will see how it goes. My next appointment is in 2 weeks.

Cindy
06-06-07, 15:13
:hugs: Hi
It's anxiety I get it a lot and actually had it last night and sent my boyfriend an sms saying I feel shaky but on the inside he does not have anxiety but work as a pharmasist assistant and boy did he do his reasearch and even went on a few training for it.He volunteered to go on these trainings as i have it and he was not sure what it was but anyway what I'm trying to say I felt a bit silly saying that I feel like I'm shaking on the inside and I am feeling my pulse but feels normal well he sms me back and told me not to worry as he understands and it is all anxiety.It doesent scare me that much anymore (the inside shakes) so it doesen't happen that much either.So please try and tell yourself it is anxiety because how hard this is to believe but very true ,what ever symptoms scares you will persist until you not scared of it and it will eventually subside
Take care hugs and kisses:hugs:

Magpie
07-06-07, 15:10
Well, I said I actually don't want them and he said then he can't sign me up for counselling :shrug: Anyone of you ever heard that?

That's a pretty shoddy attitude if you ask me, I'm pretty sure there's nothing in the treatment guidelines to support this attitude. I thought they were trying to get away from the 'prescribe first, ask questions later' culture? If the Doc persists with this line I'd go and see someone else if I were you, you're entitled to a second opinion. Besides anything else, it's unethical - it should be up to you what you put in your body, that doesn't mean you don't deserve treatment!

Good luck, I'd be interested to know what the outcome is.

P.S. I'm not anti-drugs myself, infact I'm fairly heavily medicated, but I totally support the rights of others to make their own decisions on meds.

Fjoergyn
20-06-07, 03:59
I talked to my Doctor again and he finally said he will write a letter to sign me up for counselling.
I think it helped a lot that I took my boyfriend with me. First he insisted on giving me antidepressants but after some talking he said he will write them. As soon as I have an answer I will change the GP. I can't trust this one at all. I asked for a full check up just to make me feel a bit better but he said I don't need that :ohmy:
I just hope I don't have to wait too long for an appointment with a counsellor.
Thank you all for your nice replies.

Rachy
21-06-07, 23:47
Hi there

I get the shaking inside thing, mainly when i'm asleep and I wake up with it. I think its because of sever tension in the body. You know if you tense something really hard, it starts to shake? I'm sure its like that. I often check myself and realise that my shoulders are up by my ears!!