PDA

View Full Version : Really scared of MS?! Numbness and tremor!

Healthworrier95
26-06-17, 10:37
I've been worried sick about my jittering left hand!! I know I have health anxiety but it's really distressing me that it slightly shakes and jitters then settles when I hold them out. I worry this will get worse and I will have a terrible tremor and not be able to work. Does this sound like essential tremor or stress/anxiety????

Healthworrier95
26-08-17, 17:22
For 8 months I've had a tremor more so in my left hand. I've suffered from all sorts of health related symptoms from my whole leg going numb to stomach pain, muscle twinging, itching, feet going cold and white to dizziness and headaches. My most bothersome symptom has been a tremor though. I think this is because it seems like a constant symptom now rather than one that comes and goes. I admit that I suffered chronically from anxiety and never quite fully have it off my mind. I worry about it effecting my job, getting worse or it being a sign of something worse like MS. This week i have had this horrible sensation of the top of my hand and my forearm being tingly. I'm terrified this is a sign of something terrible as when I read about anxiety tremors it's always to do with hyperventilation or panic attacks. The tremor isn't stopping my daily activities however I'm scared in time it will. It is a slight up and down tremor in my fingers that gets worse when I am nervous. The only thing that makes me feel a little better is that I never ever had this before the anxiety that I know of. Has anyone has anything like this? How did it develop/stop? Any advice or stories would be appreciated.
Thanks
Amy

tamo
27-08-17, 11:48
Hi, when I was in a very stressful job ( i'm retired now ) I had symptoms like you , sensations of cold water trickling on leg or arm or side of face feeling like cobwebs ,various tingling sensations anywhere . My GP told me it was all stress related ,done a whole load of blood tests which all came back normal . Try and find books by Claire Weekes , quite dated now but she explains how sensitized nerves cause all sorts of sensations . One thing that was wrong with me was under active thyroid which can cause lots of symptoms but thats under control now . Get a check up to put your mind at rest .

Healthworrier95
28-08-17, 14:23
For 8 months I've been scared of possibly developing MS, after my last episode it eased off and I was okay for Afew months however it's back!! I've had a numbness sensation down my left leg that starts from my lower back, my muscles feel like I've pulled them even though I havnt, weakness, dizziness crawling sensations, twitching but the thing that scares me most is the feeling of tightness in my forearm and a up and down tremor in my left hand! I feel like the nerves in my arm are damaged causing my fingers to shake. I feel like I'm losing control and I won't be able to use my hands!!!? Anyone had this? It's a constant tremor! Not just when I panic or caused by hyperventilation.
I've had a clear MRI back in Feb but still feel so worried and certain it could be ms?

ServerError
28-08-17, 15:22
You don't have MS.

You might have Restless Leg Syndrome. I've been diagnosed with RLS and some of the symptoms you describe sound the same, especially the crawling feelings and the "pulled muscle sensation". And yes, RLS, despite its name, can be felt in the arms, and indeed other places. I feel it in my face. RLS is annoying but benign and can be medicated if necessary.

But you may just be experiencing the consequences of anxiety. Anxiety is known to cause feelings of numbness and tingling and even muscle pain. It could be related to tension, strain or postural issues.

If no medical expert is worried about MS, you don't have MS.

Elen
28-08-17, 15:50
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen