PDA

View Full Version : Petechiea?

Munchlet
28-08-17, 19:16
So I'm really battling with anxiety at the moment and struggling a great deal.
I'm trying not to panic over this but just wanted to get some opinions.

I shaved my legs a couple of days ago, I bought a new razor which was one of those fancy ones with 300 blades or whatever they are and built in aloe vera.

After I'd shaved my legs were stinging on my shins and felt almost itchy. I didn't think to much of it but now on both shins I have some small patches of what look like Petechiae.

I'm obviously aware Petechiae is not a good thing to have but I just wondered if there are other reasons you can get this apart from the life threatening ones.

I don't want to google as it will set me off. It's weird they are tiny little red dots that look a bit purplish and they are exactly where the hair follicles are on my shins. I showed my mum and she said "oh I've had that before when I used some cream on my legs it's fine it will go, she also said "you've got sensitive skin like me".

That is true I do have sensitive skin but I'm just concerned, also they feel like little tiny bumps and they are itching like mad but I don't think it's shaving rash as they look like these little red dots. Just looks a bit like enlarged pores that are a red/purple.

Anyone had anything like this before from shaving?

CHELLEB1017
28-08-17, 19:29
Petechiae aren't bumps they are flat not raised what so ever. So I think it is a reaction to your razor or cream. But lets say you had petechiae it doesn't mean it is sinister. I get them from itching my skin too hard and leaning on counters hard!

Midnight-mouse
28-08-17, 20:25
Sounds like the shaving rash I get every time I shave anywhere on my body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Munchlet
29-08-17, 08:25
Thank you for the replies. My legs are really itchy in the area where these little marks are so I think I've probably had some kind of reaction.

My anxiety is so out of control at the moment, think it's time to reread all my CBT info!

Annaboodle
30-08-17, 00:16
You have shaving rash. Back to that CBT missus :)

Fishmanpa
30-08-17, 00:45
You have shaving rash. Back to that CBT missus :)

Check this out (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=206555)

Positive thoughts

Munchlet
30-08-17, 09:36
Thanks for the link Fishmanpa I will have a look at that, I dug out some of my booklets yesterday and started re reading techniques for coping![COLOR="blue"]

---------- Post added at 09:36 ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 ----------