PDA

View Full Version : Strange feeling under left rib...pancreatitis?

Ladybandit08
28-08-17, 20:44
Last year I was doing sit-ups and all the sudden under my left ribs it felt like a strong muscle contraction. It wasn't painful but extremely uncomfortable. After about 2 mins and thinking it was a heart attack i could feel it relax and it went away. Since then it had been feeling heavy under there almost like there is something in there. It hasn't been as strong as the time I was doing sit ups but def feel like there is something in there or heaviness. Recently was put on clindaymycn for a tooth infection and my stomach was cramping really bad and the pain was horrible in my upper abdomen. Strained to go to the bathroom and was up most of the night with upper abdomen pain that went into my back. Convinced I have pancreatitis. It feels a bit better today but that heavy feeling is really bad today under my left breast and rib cage. My health anxiety has been over the top and I am now afraid to go to the doctors. I don't have a gallbladder and I don't drink. Maybe twice a year. I will eventually push myself to go to the doctor but wanted to know if anyone has ever heard of anything like this ? Thank you.

Melonpony
28-08-17, 22:24
I posted a similar thing in the IBS forum. I think mine is trapped gas. Could this be the same for you?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ladybandit08
28-08-17, 22:33
I posted a similar thing in the IBS forum. I think mine is trapped gas. Could this be the same for you?

I don't think so. It felt like something tightens then loosens it's very strange and sometimes it feels like something is there when I am sitting down.

Melonpony
28-08-17, 22:38
Interesting. Have you pressed the area to see if you can feel something hard or unusual?
could it be a pulled muscle?

Becazican
29-08-17, 02:50
As someone who has suffered from pancreatitis several times i can assure you the pain is like nothing you ever imagined, morphine didn't take the pain away , you would not be able to stand it. Don't know what's wrong with you but its not pancreatitis