PDA

View Full Version : Skin Cancer

joeyr
05-06-07, 07:32
Since Friday night I have noticed a small tender spot on the top of my head, on my scalp. I got my husband to have a look last night, and he said that it looks like a little raised bit, a bit scaly (I have psoriasis in patches all over my head so thats not unusual!) and slightly red, but very small. He thinks it is a little spot. I was sunburnt ONCE very badly as a teenager and now of course with all the pre-summer stuff on telly I'm wondering if skin cancer starts like this. It is not a mole - it's making me worse because I can't see it for myself! LOL!

I'm posting on here because I am resisting the urge to Google it - can anyone give me some reassurance or thoughts? I know they say wait 2 weeks and if something doesn't go away then go see the doctor but 2 weeks is a long time to wait, isn't it!!

If anyone can help just calm me down that would help me a lot today.
Thanks, Joey

looking4answers
05-06-07, 08:26
Yep its called dry skin or ezema or psoroasis happens to alot of people.Try coming out to never never land here where you are over a mile and one half higher than sea level ,and even though its cool the sun can bake your head and arms and feet quicker than you realize..very common dont worry and if it doesnt go away in a few weeks check with your gp but im sure its nothing..

jo61
05-06-07, 09:16
If you're even 1% worried, go to your GP just to rule out anything nasty.