PDA

View Full Version : Woke up to heart palps

Hypomean
29-08-17, 08:52
Asthetitle says.
Felt a quiver then my heart just started getting higher and higher. So maybe mini panic attack??

I've been getting dizzy spells. And I continue to have this leg pain. Which has me worried it's a DVT. Like that the DVT is causing the dizziness. Right now I feel shaken from the heart thing, that my arms feel funny. Jaw feels tight.
My thoughts are racing I can't I have trouble wording this post.i woke up at 530 am and I have only slept like 20 minutes or so before the palps woke me up.

I've been waking up earlier could the change in routine be causing my increase in anxiety??

---------- Post added at 07:52 ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 ----------

My heart was checked at the beginning of my anxiety spiral. I was given the perfectly healthy all clear. But what of that changed? What if all the panic attacks and scares I've had has weakened my heart??

Or right now what if my symptoms are due to a DVT.
Or I think about what if I have Breast cancer (I have a painful lump in one of my breast. For a few weeks now.

Thelegend27
29-08-17, 12:24
first dont be so quick to blame anxiety, i am only 26 and ive had afib 2 times in the past nearly 3 years starting at age 24, no heart defects or anything i passed all tests. but the good news is arrythmias are rarely serious, in fact in young people younger than 50 even afib isnt much of an issue, a study showed that 4,000 young indivduals with afib were monitored for 15 years and only 1% had any complications which may or may not have been due to the afib. im giving you this info because when i go into afib my heart feels like its quivering and jumping around so its always good to get these type of things checked out, however they will not know which irregular heartbeat you have unless youre experiencing while on ekg, so you may get a monitor which records your heart rhythm for a few days to a few weeks. keep your head up your hearts not going to stop beating.

---------- Post added at 06:24 ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 ----------

Also i am very familiar with the anxiety that heart palps can bring, i used to lay in bed and think i was going to die any day now, at that time i was only having skipped beats and flutters, but as the years went by i realized i wasnt dying so i tried moving forward and it reduced my anxiety alot. please dont be like me, act now in controlling your anxiety.

Hypomean
29-08-17, 14:47
first dont be so quick to blame anxiety, i am only 26 and ive had afib 2 times in the past nearly 3 years starting at age 24, no heart defects or anything i passed all tests. but the good news is arrythmias are rarely serious, in fact in young people younger than 50 even afib isnt much of an issue, a study showed that 4,000 young indivduals with afib were monitored for 15 years and only 1% had any complications which may or may not have been due to the afib. im giving you this info because when i go into afib my heart feels like its quivering and jumping around so its always good to get these type of things checked out, however they will not know which irregular heartbeat you have unless youre experiencing while on ekg, so you may get a monitor which records your heart rhythm for a few days to a few weeks. keep your head up your hearts not going to stop beating.

---------- Post added at 06:24 ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 ----------

Also i am very familiar with the anxiety that heart palps can bring, i used to lay in bed and think i was going to die any day now, at that time i was only having skipped beats and flutters, but as the years went by i realized i wasnt dying so i tried moving forward and it reduced my anxiety alot. please dont be like me, act now in controlling your anxiety.

Thank you for your reply, I did 5 days of heart monitor I was supposed to do 15 but I had a bad reaction to the glue they used to connect the device to my chest. The cardiologist wanted me to specifically write down when I had the quiver sensation snd in those 5 days I felt it a couple of time I wrote it down and they said it did not show oon the monitor. And that in those few days 90% of what I thought where palps did not even show up. They did everything else including CT of the heart and nothing. Will they did not do a stress test. But everything thing else was great. They told me that after 4 pregnancies and at that time I was overweight, that my veins were amazingly perfect. Yet I still went months after being in the clear still expecting a heart attack. Back then I was 24-25 and it was something I shouldn't have to worry about until my mid 60s, I do have a cousin who passed at a toddler age because of heart issues. And maybe it's at the back of my head constantly and that's why I fear heart sensations.

I'm trying to get out of these grips. But I swear if it's not one thing it's another. I haven't had this fear of DVT in a while. But with a pain in my calf and back of knee for the last week now because I slept in an awkward position. I fear a clot formed. I fear how they say if you have a DVT you get an irregular heart beat.