PDA

View Full Version : Scared of cancer in the head and neck

fma11122345
29-08-17, 13:55
Hi there...I new here so I though I'd just post about what's going on with me. The last few weeks have been the worst of my 25 years on earth, it all started on July 3rd when I found this small rubbery ball on my shoulder/neck hade a panic attack over it for a few days sure i hade lymphoma after googling it manny times a day, finley went to the hospital on the 11th after i saw bouth tonsils swollen and was told nothing was there and to go home relax. The next day I found my voice start to change which I didnt think much about the time because of all the stress and yelling that was going on in my home over all this. My family thinks I'm makeing all this up BTW, so I relax a while and a week or two gos by with out anything till the 29th of July coming home form my moms 60th birthday I found this other bump on my throat. Right where my throat on the left top side of my jaw. About a cm I'm size doesn't really move much but isn't hard more like in between firm and soft....this scared the hell out of me and now I was sure I hade cancer. I talked to my family about it hade them feel it and what not and my mom said it belongs there I I just laughed at her....I know same well this wasn't here last week! So a few weeks go by with out anything going on till the 21st of this month. Normal night just getting ready to eat I take a few bits and start to feel like the foods getting stuck in the lower/uper neck I freek out thinking I have a toumor or something stopping me form eating, thinking it could be due to plem or something I take cold pills and thought that helped (didnt) so a few days go by with little troubles here and there till last Friday where I felt like it was choking the food back up at me and I wasn't haveing it and went to the hospital for the second time. This time I was told I hade tonsillitis and it was a swollen lympnod in my neck/throat. I asked the doctor so many times if it was cancer and each time he said of cores not just relax and was put on a few days of steroids and amoxicillin.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:55 ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 ----------

My symptoms are lump/bump in the side of throat. Trouble getting down food and sometime drink and spit. (Feeling like it gets caught up on the throat and lower neck) a changing voice. And some times when I swallow I swear I hear my esophagus open and close...like a wet gurgling noise or something. (Mostly when laying down) and as of today a throw up feeling in my chest and a bit of burn (but that could be due to the meds) so please if anyone can relate to me and it not to be the 6th worst cancer some one can get please let me know....thank you

Fishmanpa
29-08-17, 14:24
Read this (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Throat_tighteningChokingSwallowing_proble ms)

I'm a survivor of Head and Neck cancer.

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Medical professionals have given you the reason and it's being treated. Your anxiety is exasperating the issues.

Positive thoughts

fma11122345
29-08-17, 17:43
You think so? [emoji17] I'm just so wrapped with fear right now...every time I try and pit this behind me something else happens. The bump hasn't grown any(at lest I dont think so) but the not being able get thing's down have me really on edge as its the number one sigh of esophagus cancer.

Thank you

---------- Post added at 16:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:38 ----------

Oh I would like to add one more thing. The tonsils have come down a good deal before the meds I started the other day. And now there almost down to where thay should be. But I'm still haveing the trouble swallowing....

Thank you

fma11122345
30-08-17, 00:18
just got into a ent for the 11th of next month and am sacred badly to go....thinking the worst

Thank you

Fishmanpa
30-08-17, 00:33
And I have a "Told ya so" all ready ;)

Positive thoughts

jdheart
30-08-17, 05:08
Remember your other post. Be suprised if you have 10 post on here after that date. If they are it will be from anxiety not your condition.

fma11122345
30-08-17, 13:46
Remember your other post. Be suprised if you have 10 post on here after that date. If they are it will be from anxiety not your condition.Sadly I can't help it [emoji20] I get convicted I'm dying of something and everyone thinks I'm nuts...

Thank you

Bigboyuk
30-08-17, 14:19
Sadly I can't help it [emoji20] I get convicted I'm dying of something and everyone thinks I'm nuts...

Thank you

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk Hi Actually this is NOT true :) You aren't nuts as you put it it's what HA sufferers think it's irrational thinking going on here but it's not nuts and it's very real for you, so do completely understand what you are going through. The question is have you been diagnosed by your Dr that you have HA? If you have what are you doing to control it meds, therapy or combination of both? I do hope you can get some respite from this terrible condition :hugs:Cheers

fma11122345
30-08-17, 14:57
Hi Actually this is NOT true :) You aren't nuts as you put it it's what HA sufferers think it's irrational thinking going on here but it's not nuts and it's very real for you, so do completely understand what you are going through. The question is have you been diagnosed by your Dr that you have HA? If you have what are you doing to control it meds, therapy or combination of both? I do hope you can get some respite from this terrible condition :hugs:CheersNo I've never been one to worry about HA till july when I started to feel these odd bumps in my neck. Other then that I was fine.

Bigboyuk
30-08-17, 15:05
No I've never been one to worry about HA till july when I started to feel these odd bumps in my neck. Other then that I was fine.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk Ok so it's realatvity new to you then this condition! We had a member on here who suffered for over 2 years now it seems through therapy things are improving for her and she used to post daily about her conditions(Havent seen her around for a while) so there is hope don't suffer any longer :) Cheers

fma11122345
01-09-17, 13:38
The last few days my HA has been at a all time high with these bumps on eather side of my throat. I was sure I was dieing the other day! My face was numb my head hurt and my trouble swallowing was still stopping me form eating or drink the way I wanted along with the glans in my throat feeling bigger and bigger the more I felt them (all day long to the point my neck hurts and are red/splochy where the galns are) this morning the glans are smaller I believe! So for the first time in a while I'm feeling like I can get on with my life and put this all behind me. Still going to my ent on the 11th to be sure sure tho! Thank you for your time.

Thank you

Elen
01-09-17, 13:45
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Bigboyuk
01-09-17, 13:55
Don't know what happened to my post, so will try again :) Hi think you are making good progress with tackling your demon on this and you are finding some respite now :)
Good luck on the 11th and let us know how you get on please :) Cheers

fma11122345
01-09-17, 13:57
Don't know what happened to my post, so will try again :) Hi think you are making good progress with tackling your demon on this and you are finding some respite now :)
Good luck on the 11th and let us know how you get on please :) CheersThanks so much :)

fma11122345
02-09-17, 00:48
Was feeling better but now I think my right node got pointer or binger and I'm really feeling sick about it