PDA

View Full Version : ANXIETY

sandra
21-11-04, 23:59
Hi everyone ,im Sandra from moodiesburn just outside glasgow.Im 39 ,married and have a beautiful 6 yr old daughter.Been havin anxiety problems for 12 years now,dont get me wrong im a lot better now than then ,but it still happens daily and it scares the **** out of me at times.Been reading all ur stuff tonight and i think im goin to enjoy this uz all seem so helpful and nice people,look forward to hearin from uz.PS CHEERS KAREN.

Karen
22-11-04, 01:23
Hi Sandra

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad to have been able to help.

It sounds like you've been suffering from this anxiety for a long time. Have you sought any help with it?

I've had depression and social phobia for over 20 years so I know how horrible it is coping with it for so long.

You'll find everyone with really friendly here and you'll get a lot of support.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Elle-Kay
22-11-04, 11:39
Hi Sandra, welcome to the forums :)

~* Do what you want. Nobody else will do it for you *~

seh1980
22-11-04, 12:12
hello Sandra,

Welcome to the forum!! Everyone here is very friendly and understanding so I'm sure you'll receive loads of support. Let us know how you are getting on, ok?

Sarah :D

Meg
22-11-04, 13:11
Hi Sandra,

Welcome

Do let us know if there is a particular area of your anxiety that you need help with.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

jill
22-11-04, 13:40
Hi Sandra,

Welcome the the site,

There are lots of nice people here
who will help and support you.

LOVE JILLXX

nomorepanic
22-11-04, 16:14
Hi Sandra

Welcome to the website and message forum.

Please let us know if we can answer any specific questions and look forward to hearing more from you.

Nicola

LoopyLou
23-11-04, 18:31
Hi Sandra,

Really sorry to hear you've been suffering for so long. I've had panic attacks for a few months and general anxiety most days but since stopping the booze have found things abit easier to cope with as it seemed to trigger the start of them. Are you taking any medication or have you tried any alternative therapies? I have tried improving my diet, cut back on caffiene and am drinking herbal teas. One in particular seems to knock me out at night as this is when I tend to feel the most anxious, it's called Bedtime tea and although tastes like sh1t to start with you get used to it. I am ploughing through the net trying to find info on this so if I try anything that helps I'll let you know.

I hope you can overcome this, This site is great as everyone is dealing with anxiety and panic attacks so know where your coming from.

Keep smiling