PDA

View Full Version : Deja vu

Livvy_rice
29-08-17, 18:23
Does anyone suffer from Deja Vu? Terrified I am having seizures as I keep getting it daily. I should add that epilepsy is my biggest fear and I Started remembering old random things and googled it and Temporal Lobe Epilepsy came up an terrified me and since then I have had waves of deja vu. Some I even question if I had De Na vu or not it was that brief. My doctor wasn't concerned but naturally having health anxiety I am almost 100% certain this deja vu is something sinister. Has anyone ever had this with their anxiety? Please I am at the end of my tether. I must add I am 34 weeks pregnant and finding it so hard to enjoy the rest of my pregnancy with this fear x

---------- Post added at 18:23 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

Can anyone relate to this at all!? Xx

Livvy_rice
30-08-17, 07:56
Has no one experienced this !?

Midnight-mouse
30-08-17, 08:42
Has no one experienced this !?

I definitely have experienced this! I haven't really given it much thought as my HA revolves around different things but the anxious part of my mind has always tried to tell me that it means something awful is going to happen. I've come to the realisation that it is only the 'sense of impending doom' part of my illness and I often cycle back round to it when I haven't got anything else to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Livvy_rice
30-08-17, 18:13
My anxiety is getting even worse now to know that hardly anyone else has ever experienced this symptom? I feel sick with worry

MrGinger
30-08-17, 20:08
DEFINITELY get Deja Vu a lot more when I'm stressed!

Good news is recent studies do in fact seem to show a connection between Deja Vu and anxiety, so it's harmless. :)

---------- Post added at 15:08 ---------- Previous post was at 15:05 ----------

“The general theory is that there’s a misfiring of neurons in the temporal lobes—which deal with recollection and familiarity,” explains Wells. “That misfiring during the process of recollection means we interpret a moment in time as something that has already been experienced.”

It’s therefore possible that the individual’s anxiety is causing a bunch of neurons in his brain to fire inappropriately, causing the déjà vu which then, unfortunately, leads to more anxiety, triggering the process to start again.

[Via the Journal of Medical Case Reports and New Scientist]