PDA

View Full Version : HIV Blood Test

Ih8HA
29-08-17, 20:10
So. I went and got my test done last week at 56 days. It was a 5th gen test that came back negative (yaaayyyyy). You would think I would be excited.. But then I did research and there is a margin of error and now I think my results are a false negative :weep:. I am just over it now.

ServerError
29-08-17, 20:17
You can do two things:

1) Carry on like you are, torturing yourself over tiny margins of error and "what if?" questions, making yourself miserable in the process.

or

2) Take action and get some help dealing with this.

If you're over it now as you say, time to get working on this.

anxiousargentino
29-08-17, 23:20
You're negative, deal with it! I don't know why that seems to be a problem and diffucult to accept, but your results won't change!

Fishmanpa
30-08-17, 00:36
Congrats! You're good! As far as being over it? The feeling is mutual :)

Positive thoughts

Noivous
30-08-17, 01:09
Nobody likes a sore winner:D

Ih8HA
30-08-17, 14:36
You're negative, deal with it! I don't know why that seems to be a problem and diffucult to accept, but your results won't change!

No need to be rude or shout. Your comment doesn't help the situation. It actually stresses me out. I think I could have dealt with you just saying "You're negative and your results wont change". I hope that people are more supportive of you when you are having an issue or worry. Have a nice day!

---------- Post added at 07:36 ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 ----------

Congrats! You're good! As far as being over it? The feeling is mutual :)

Positive thoughts

Thanks! :D

---------- Post added at 07:36 ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 ----------

Nobody likes a sore winner:D

Yeah yeah, I know. :yahoo:

ServerError
30-08-17, 14:39
I also thought that post was a touch rude and wasn't sure how you'd react to it. But even if the way in which it was expressed wasn't as tactful as you'd like, the point is valid. My advice would be to shrug your shoulders at the tone and focus on the point.

I really hope you're starting to feel better and gaining some acceptance of the fact you're HIV clear. If not, please do get some help if possible. It's really important and could change your life.

Ih8HA
30-08-17, 14:52
I also thought that post was a touch rude and wasn't sure how you'd react to it. But even if the way in which it was expressed wasn't as tactful as you'd like, the point is valid. My advice would be to shrug your shoulders at the tone and focus on the point.

I really hope you're starting to feel better and gaining some acceptance of the fact you're HIV clear. If not, please do get some help if possible. It's really important and could change your life.

Thanks Server, yes, it could have been worded differently. I came here for support, not to be yelled at. While the point may be valid, that person needs to think about what someone may be going through. I have anxiety, yes, I have OCD, yes, I have been diagnosed with Depression as well. I just had a baby 7 months ago and have been diagnosed with Postpartum Depression/Anxiety. However, I think it is my anxiety that got worse. It has never been this bad, so I started doing counseling and joining support groups. No one has ever been that rude to me when I have expressed myself and I think people really need to think about how they say things because they have no clue what someone may be going through at that moment.

I started to feel better today until I saw that comment. Now I am just upset. But thank you for your response and your kindness. I have met a lot of kind people here.

ServerError
30-08-17, 15:11
Exercise your right to choose how to react. Don't let it bring you down. It's just some random person on the internet. Do your best to brush it off.

Ih8HA
30-08-17, 17:28
Thanks, Server. :yesyes:

Worried123456
27-01-18, 23:44
How are you doing?

I have negative tests after an exposure and am having difficulty believing them with recent health issues.

peter34uk
28-01-18, 14:48
I'm waiting for my test results and crapping myself. Nurse said Tuesday but they would ring if anything comes up. I got tested for the full set but obviously HIV is the one im terrified about.

Im just about coping because I have too but sitting here shaking like a leaf.