PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain

bingjam
29-08-17, 20:32
Hi everyone

So earlier today I had a horrible heavy ache chest in the left hand side of my chest just above my boob on the right... it made my heart beat super fast and made me short of breath. To almost the point of a panic attack. But I got past it and the pain went away

But it's just happened again and I'm all freaking out that something is wrong with my heart. To add I had a ecg done about a month ago and the doctor said everything was fine etc. But this pain has me really freaked out. I can point to where the pain is which freaks me out more

I've also been having hot flashes throughout the day too. I really don't know what's going on. And I'm freaking out it's my heart

ServerError
29-08-17, 21:02
New chest pain really should be checked out. However, I'm not too concerned. Firstly, people with anxiety often worry about pain to the left of the chest, but that's not where the heart is (it's in the centre and leans leftwards), and most heart pain is felt centrally, often originating in places like the stomach. It can be subtle in women, but you'd usually still know something nasty was going on. The fact you've recently had an ECG is also reassuring.

I wouldn't blame you for getting this checked out if it's genuinely new. However, I believe (I'm no expert, of course) that it's probably tension and strain caused by your anxious state and possibly linked to posture. The symptoms that follow are simply part of your anxious response. That's my opinion, though I'm not a doctor.