PDA

View Full Version : Hello ... I'm new :)

MyWorriesAndMe
29-08-17, 22:55
Hello,
I'm Ashlie, a 27 year old student nurse from Liverpool. I don't really know what to say now besides the obvious, I have generalized anxiety disorder & panic attacks. Although I was always a worried child my first real experience of anxiety was triggered by 9/11 when I was 11 years old. Since then I have struggled massively with crowds & public transport. I seemed to just plod along with this thinking it was normal up until last year when I had my first panic attack. I know now that the extreme episodes of anxiety I'd been having for the past 15 -16 years on public transport which caused me to get off and walk for miles on end rather than sit in a situation where I felt like I was going to die from a disaster or die from the heart attack that was building on my chest were panic attacks too. Again I managed to get by without anxiety having a major hold on my life until the Manchester Arena attack in May. Since then I have been living in a constant state of anxiety and often have multiple panic attacks in a week. I have been prescribed 40mg Propranolol & have started CBT today. I'm so scared I'm never going to return the semi normal person I was before. I'm starting to really struggle with the thought of even leaving the house and as a very outgoing person I am finding this difficult to come to terms with. I feel like my life isn't my own anymore and that my fears and worries are dictating it for me.
I'm desperate to talk to anyone who can relate as I feel like I'm driving my poor boyfriend round the bend!

xXx

venusbluejeans
29-08-17, 23:00
Hiya MyWorriesAndMe and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Noivous
30-08-17, 01:05
Hi Ashley! And welcome friend:) You are among friends here. I hope you'll jump right in. Plenty of knowledge and experience here. Good luck!

N.

snowghost57
30-08-17, 02:36
Find a good CBT therapist and work, work and work more on being in the moment and challenge your thoughts. I am anxiety free so I know it can be done. There is no quick fix but you can do it!

Croydonbee
30-08-17, 22:24
Hi Ashlie. I'm also struggling with public transport and fearing I'll never be normal again. Had first ever panic attack last week in middle of night. Anxiety is consuming me. Very fearful I'll lose my job etc. Everyone is so supportive. But very trying on my wife. Waiting for my first CBT. Talk to therapists etc. You're not alone. Nige