View Full Version : Worried About Heart Disease

TikPandora
30-08-17, 07:25
Sex: Male
Weight: 181 Lbs
Height 5'8
Activity Level: Virtually Nonexistent
Diet: Terrible

First off, I want to write that it is absolutely refreshing to come on here with a worry that isn't cancer related, though, this is definitely just as scary.

Last night I began to have some strange pains in the left side of my chest. It wasn't as if I couldn't determine where the pain was...as it was easily pin-pointed. I have had this before, many times over the rememberable future, but I never thought any of it until now. I immediately began my routine of scouring google for information on "chest pain" which I realize now was an absolute terrible thing to do. The first thing that came up of course was...

If you are having any of these symptoms please go to the ER right away!

...but I can't just do that. My financial situation and absolutely terrible insurance makes it so that I have to think long and hard about actually making a move on my HA, even when I found a lump in one of my testicles about a month ago I still had to go through a lot of mental thinking.

Anyway, the pain is sometimes sharp, sometimes achy, but it always is able to be pinpointed down to a specific place whenever it happens. I also am feeling palpitations and have had a racing heart beat all throughout the last day as indicated by my Garmin Vivosmart HR...right now as I type this it's saying I have a heart rate of 115! (I'm really trying to make a change in my diet and the way I live, so that's why I got the stupid thing. It's HR monitor is nothing but a trigger for me though...)

I've taken my nightly Ambien, and am absolutely terrified that I won't wake up tomorrow. If I do though, I am going to make an appointment with my doctor to discuss these things ASAP.

Fishmanpa
30-08-17, 13:23
I have heart disease. Most here know about the two heart attacks, triple bypass and stents. Ohhh yeah.. angina too! All I know that if indeed you were really in distress, finances wouldn't matter and you wouldn't be posting on the forum asking about heart disease.

You have an opportunity at 24yo to take control and lessen the chances of heart issues in the future. Do the opposite of this and you'll live a long and healthy life. Activity Level: Virtually Nonexistent - Diet: Terrible Ohhh... and ditch the monitor ;)

Positive thoughts

TikPandora
31-08-17, 00:39
I have heart disease. Most here know about the two heart attacks, triple bypass and stents. Ohhh yeah.. angina too! All I know that if indeed you were really in distress, finances wouldn't matter and you wouldn't be posting on the forum asking about heart disease.

You have an opportunity at 24yo to take control and lessen the chances of heart issues in the future. Do the opposite of this and you'll live a long and healthy life. Activity Level: Virtually Nonexistent - Diet: Terrible Ohhh... and ditch the monitor ;)

Positive thoughts

All good ideas. I went to visit my doctor and after describing my symptoms she said that she thinks it's either GERD, anxiety, or both. She tried to do an EKG just to calm my fears but the machine was being wonky. Afterwards she told me that if she was me she wouldn't waste the time or money to go to the hospital to get anything done.