PDA

View Full Version : Antibiotic medication concern

LuSmith
30-08-17, 18:53
Hey guys,

I know this is a silly place to ask this but I'm probably overthinking it so I just wanna get some other point of view to make sure I'm taking it well enough to kill off any infection.

I started taking my antibiotics (Ciprofloxacin) originally at 7.30am so began taking at 7.30pm and so on. However, because I'm on other meds that can't interact this is leaving me feeling terrible in the morning having to get up three times over the course of a few hours so I wanted to adjust it now to take it instead at 11.30am and then continue every 12 hours from there.

If I take the normal dose tonight, will taking it from 11.30am tomorrow be okay even if it's 4 hours late? It works out so much better for me with my other meds and sleeping and stuff, but I don't want to make the antibiotic resistant as I suffer from too many utis as it is.

If anyone has taken a pill slightly late and it hasn't made a difference could you confirm this is okay? Sorry for such a silly enquiry, I just don't know where else to ask this question :blush:

Midnight-mouse
30-08-17, 18:55
I will be honest I have never been very good at taking pills on time whatsoever and I've not always finished the course of antibiotics (i know this is bad) but I've always killed off the infection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LuSmith
30-08-17, 20:03
Well I guess if that's the case a few hours shouldn't matter too much then lol? I think I'll just take it at 11.30am tomorrow and then 12 hours later from then! i've even missed tablets before so it can't be as bad as that.

Midnight-mouse
30-08-17, 20:42
Well I guess if that's the case a few hours shouldn't matter too much then lol? I think I'll just take it at 11.30am tomorrow and then 12 hours later from then! i've even missed tablets before so it can't be as bad as that.

I agree to be honest there have been some drugs I've been on and I've missed more than I've taken and I still got there in the end. I hope you feel better soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thestruggle
30-08-17, 20:45
I think the only thing you can do "wrong" with antibiotics is not take the full course over however many days you are supposed to.. If you take a dose later than you should, you're still getting the amount you're supposed to overall :)