PDA

View Full Version : Issues taking antibiotics

tan235
30-08-17, 22:50
Anyone else here suffer terribly at the hand of antibiotics?
The Dr gave me some antibiotics for a potential chest infection - i'd only had the cough for a week but told him it was 2 .. I didn't realise till after I started taking them. Regardess I've been on them 5 days - sometimes I bit a bit off and take it to make me feel better, I'm so bad at taking them. I forgot my night time one last night - on purpose, because my tummy felt sick, took it out of guilt this morning nad now have one more to take tonight which I don't want to take after reading about C.Diff!!

I still have a wet cough so I'm assuming it was mainly viral.
Everyone else in my family had the same flu and none of them took antibiotics, I just have because I'm so bloody paranoid about a bacterial infection and now I'm worried about another one because of the antibiotics!~
Anyone else have issues like me with antibiotics?

Fishmanpa
30-08-17, 22:57
Not really. There have been a few times when I had a bit of a dodgy tummy depending on the med used but that's about it. Although... the stuff they gave me for a suspected infection in my foot along with my gout attack (Steroids and antibiotics) made me feel pretty rough for about a week but it was certainly better than dealing with the gout! :)

Take the last dose. It's important to run the cycle with antibiotics.

Positive thoughts

tan235
30-08-17, 23:03
You're a very kind person Fishmanpa. I notice you spend the time to help a lot of people on here and your logical solid answers are always appreciated- thank you.

Fishmanpa
30-08-17, 23:11
You're a very kind person Fishmanpa. I notice you spend the time to help a lot of people on here and your logical solid answers are always appreciated- thank you.

Thank you... Remember that if I ever have t give you a cyber-slap upside the head ;)

Positive thoughts