PDA

View Full Version : Help!

KC1214
30-08-17, 23:55
Hi everyone. I'm new to this group. I have horrible health anxiety. Every little ache or pain scares me. I've had my heart looked at but everything normal. I did have a CT scan in March when I had my first panic attack and was normal. But now I'm worried they missed something or I want an MRI. I was on Zoloft almost 5 months and quit cold turkey because I felt like it didn't help. Well it's been 4 weeks an it's been hell for me so I started Zoloft again but I'm so worried. I've never posted to a forum before so please excuse me. But I've had this new symptom at night now where I'll get this rush feeling through my body or I'll be almost asleep and then wake up gasping for air. Am I the only one????? :weep:

nomorepanic
31-08-17, 00:01
Hi and :welcome:

This may help you:
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/healthanxiety

MattZion
31-08-17, 01:01
Hi KC, I also suffer with health anxiety and you are not alone. Have you booked in with a counsellor to talk through these thoughts you are having swell as your tests?
Have you tried to meditate before bed to try clear your mind and control your breathing? I know meditation sounds odd and I was a bit of a skeptic but it does help with the panic once you have the breathing down. I hope this helps and I wish you all the best. If you ever need to talk PM me

Matt