PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Gordon
05-06-07, 16:19
Hi Everyone

My name is Gordon, I'm 38 and live in Northumberland, near Newcastle Upon Tyne. I work part-time as a DJ helping my mate with his club night, it's very therapeutic and music is a major factor in my getting to a stage where my illness is not as bad as it was a few years ago. I also have an online podcast where I play my favourite music.

I have mild BPD, a condition very similar to bi-polar where I see everything in either a very negative way or a very positive way, depending on my state of mind at that moment. I've been very reckless with money in the past, been in short, intense relationships and never been able to have a happy long-lasting one, I let really little things eat away at my head and a whole lot of other things. I would be here all day if I told you everything at once!!

I'm here because it looks like a lovely friendly place to be where you organise meets and are very supportive of each other.

I was on a forum elsewhere which I shall not name but some of the people on there were very confrontational, which led to me being confrontational back in an act of self-defence. Don't let that worry you though as I'm a very nice guy and I don't see any people here that may be horrible to me. As a result of this, I started looking for a forum where people were friendlier and more understanding and your community is the best of the bunch that I looked at.

If there's anything you'd like to know about me, please feel free to ask, I only bite horrible people! :)

Thanks for having me.

Gordon

Under~The~Stars
05-06-07, 16:29
Hi Gordon,

Welcome to NMP :flowers: Nice to have you here. You will find lots of support, and make new friends, everyone here is lovely.

I too suffer from BPD, and a couple of others here do too. Take a look at this thread http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18200 I hope it helps. You're not alone,

Take care,

Lou xxx

jill
05-06-07, 16:40
Hi Gordon :D

WELCOME TO THE SITE :D

There are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

yorkylover
05-06-07, 17:00
Hi Gordon and welcome.My brother has BPD so I know a bit about it.
You will get lots of support here and advise.:hugs:

Gordon
05-06-07, 17:15
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'll try to post as much as possible, I also run a music forum and am quite busy with that. (It's something that my counsellor suggested, channeling my passions and hobbies into doing something positive, which is why I also have my podcast now too).

I have more good days than bad days now, but the bad days are still hellish and I'm glad I've found somewhere where people are nice.

I'm feeling reasonably okay at this moment but there is something troubling me deep down that I'll post about later when I find the correct thread/area for posting it.

Cheers

Gordon

honeybee3939
05-06-07, 18:07
Hi Gordon

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some good advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Southern_Belle
05-06-07, 19:01
Hi Gordon,

Welcome to the site. I'm sure you won't find any confrontation here but will find many friends. You will also find many who can relate to what you are going through.

Laura :)

Lindalou64
05-06-07, 19:12
welocome gordon,
im sure you will find lots of info and people who can relate, i wish ya the best.......linda xx

nomorepanic
05-06-07, 19:37
Hi Gordon

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will not find a nicer bunch of people in one place that support and help each other and you will soon settle in to our forum.

Feel free to post as and when you feel ready.

Gordon
05-06-07, 19:40
Thanks everyone!

I've had a look around and made a few posts and it's a wonderful place you have here.

Anyone up for a North/North East meet in Newcastle? :)

Cheers

Gordon

SANDYJANE
05-06-07, 21:36
hi and big warm welcome

love sandy xxx

trac67
05-06-07, 23:11
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

Pink Princess
05-06-07, 23:46
hi and welcome to the site, you will find a lot of good advice and support here and make many friends along the way. hope to talk soon, take kare xxxxxx

Gordon
05-06-07, 23:52
Thanks Everyone!

You're all very kind!

Cheers

Gordon

Eclipse
06-06-07, 01:23
Big Welcome to you Gordon,

The people on this site are amazing and so supportive & friendly.

I joined almost a year ago to the day....and have been offline for at least six months (through no fault of my own.....big daggers and frowns in the direction of 'World of Warcraft') and I've now come back & am getting into the swing of things.....and I'm excited cos it feels as though I'm back amongst friends that I've missed!!

Hope you'll get the same vibe from this site as I (& countless others) have.

Best Wishes
Magz
XX

manmoor
06-06-07, 08:00
Hi Gordon,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

groovygranny
06-06-07, 20:41
Hello Gordon, :welcome: to you!

Pleased to meet you - glad you found us!

:flowers:

geordie flower
06-06-07, 23:17
hiya gordon, welcome to a fellow geordie! im from south shields, this is a fab site you'll get lots of useful unformation here and ive only had positive feedbak since joining, good luck mate take care tracey :) x

Gordon
07-06-07, 00:34
Thanks Tracey!

South of the river eh? Doesn't that make you a Mackem actually? :)

Just kidding, ta for the warm welcome!

Gordon