PDA

View Full Version : I need to stop checking my body.

supermom
31-08-17, 13:38
Any little difference I notice sends me into a tailspin. And sometimes I'm not even looking. It's like I'll be looking in the mirror doing my makeup and I'll notice something that doesn't look symmetrical. How do I stop

Fishmanpa
31-08-17, 14:32
Any little difference I notice sends me into a tailspin. And sometimes I'm not even looking. It's like I'll be looking in the mirror doing my makeup and I'll notice something that doesn't look symmetrical. How do I stop

I'm gonna have to say real life help in the form of therapy and/or meds. It's not about what you see. It's about your irrational reaction to it. With therapy, you can learn to re-train your mind not to have the extreme reactions to normal anatomy. Meds can help by calming your mind, allowing you to do the work needed to change that mindset.

In the mean time, there is the FREE CBT course being posted all over the board. Why not download it and start working on yourself? :)

You can access all the CBT workbooks, 56 Videos and emergency audios and Therapist/Patient Dialogues at the following URL

http://cbt4panic.org/

Positive thoughts

JaneS
31-08-17, 15:52
I am just the same, constantly checking for lumps, bumps, moles etc - I have finally started on some CBT and am hoping that this gives me my life back - think it will be tough but I have to stop this persistent worry! Fishmanpa is right - it's about learning to deal with the irrational thoughts.

Leslie735
31-08-17, 22:41
I am the EXACT same way! In the past month I've have several freak outs of things most people wouldn't even bat an eye over. I totally get it.