PDA

View Full Version : Can you get hiv from a used bandaid?

Graygray
31-08-17, 17:58
I went into class today and there was a used bandaid on the floor in front of my seat. I had to sit there because there were no other seats open. While sitting down my earbuds fell on the floor and I'm afraid that it touched that. If I was the ear pieces with a little soap can I still use it without getting hiv? Thank you, really freaked out.

Fishmanpa
31-08-17, 18:06
Nope... nada... no way... negative... impossible!

Positive thoughts

Canada67080
31-08-17, 19:12
Nope.
HIV doesn't survive long (seconds?) outside the body/in the open air

Midnight-mouse
31-08-17, 19:25
HIV can not be transmitted by air, or water. Only infected blood to broken skin or mucus membranes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyNameIsTerry
01-09-17, 01:28
And you don't even know if whoever it came off has HIV. There's the first clue to the HAer in there. :winks:

There's a reason the old toilet seat myth was busted, HIV is so weak that it quickly dies outside of incubation in the body and therefore external transmission has to be incredibly quick to even attempt it. So, basically sitting on the person on the toilet...which is a whle different risk :winks:

The same here. The only form of HIV that survive for any time outside of a host is lab grown HIV which is cultured to be a lot stronger otherwise they struggle to even test on HIV...it's that weak. And you won't get lab cultured HIV anywhere but in a lab.

tryingtosurvive1
01-09-17, 06:03
No.

Becazican
01-09-17, 16:05
hiv survives all of a few seconds in the open air, there is no way you can get hiv from a used band aid even if the person was positive. you should learn transmission methods of the hiv virus