PDA

View Full Version : Fell off the wagon again :(

Worrywart1234
31-08-17, 21:25
Well, here I am again.

For the last few months I've had tendinitis in both wrists, apparently it's called 'Mummy's Thumb' from looking after Bub. I've bought a couple of wrist braces to wear which really help.

Last night I put one of the braves on at around 2:00 and around 3:30 I fell asleep. I just woke up (its 6:00 here) and my hand is a bit swollen. Warm, pink, I can move all my fingers, but definitely swillen. I kid you not, the first thought in my head was the people at Mt Everest who lose their fingers and toes from frostbite....you can lose your fingers if blood flow has been cut off, can't you?

So here I am. Hands sweating, I feel sick to my stomach, can't sit still, can't think of anything but the fact I'm going to lose my hand and it's all my own fault.

Sigh. I rang the health direct number and I got the distinct impression the nurse thought I was crazy and a time waster. She did ask me a few questions and said it will gradually ease over a few hours.....but she wasn't taking me seriously, so she may have given me wrong advice.

Sigh.

AntsyVee
01-09-17, 00:46
No, she's right. She just probably can't believe that you're serious. I'm not trying to belittle your anxiety, but honestly, if you think your fingers are going to fall off from lack of blood flow from a brace for a few hours, then how could anyone survive a brace or cast on a broken appendage?