PDA

View Full Version : Palpitations after alcohol

nwoods92
31-08-17, 22:50
I've only had 2 glasses of wine and 2 cigarettes (I've been cutting down on my alcohol and cigarette intake so this is VERY good for me) obviously usually I drink myself into oblivion and end up passing out drunk so I don't think about it until the next day when I am overcome with anxiety and panic attacks! But have come to bed after my 2 wines, slight palpitations and tender chest and back (probably in my head but who knows) anyone else get this with health anxiety?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thelegend27
03-09-17, 17:47
Alcohol can cause heart palpiations and arrythmias, they call it holiday heart. id suggest getting some standard tests ran just to rule out any diseases oe damage from drinking so much if you have been drinking alot. if it turns out to be an arrythmia then you should be fine, most of the time arrythmias dont affect the quality of life if one can manage their symptoms. best of luck.

Fishmanpa
03-09-17, 20:07
Alcohol can cause heart palpiations and arrythmias, they call it holiday heart. id suggest getting some standard tests ran just to rule out any diseases oe damage from drinking so much if you have been drinking alot. if it turns out to be an arrythmia then you should be fine, most of the time arrythmias dont affect the quality of life if one can manage their symptoms. best of luck.

Legend, I respectfully disagree again with needing standard testing. YOU have an arrhythmia. Projecting YOUR heart fears as you've been doing is not beneficial IMO.

The OP gets palps when he drinks. Common sense dictates cutting out alcohol would result in cutting out the palps. If, after being dry for a couple of weeks the palps continue? Then yes, have it checked out. Also, nicotine can have the same effect and we all know the benefits of quitting tobacco.

Positive thoughts