PDA

View Full Version : Fatty Rib Lumps

Whyme07
01-09-17, 01:22
Hi all,

In middle of a severe attack of HA - first time ever in meds!

I have had, what I've always assumed to be a lipoma, just under the skin below right breast. It's been there 5 years at a minimum, possibly more. I've never had it tested, don't even think examined as was focusing on another illness at the time. Although I do vaguely bring told it was fat, so maybe I did! Who knows!

Anyway, yesterday I rang my Drs and asked for an emergancy call back in middle of my 5th panic attack of the day. She has said she'll give me an ultrasound of the lump just so I can not worry - of course, this has made me worry. My skin is bruised from the poking. The original lipoma is the same size, texture etc as always but I've noticed more 'flatter' fat like tissue below it. Some on my left hand side as well but not as prominant as the right. Convinced I have liposarcoma and it's soread downwards. Trying to be rational and tell myself the lump would grow, now soread out tentacles but nothing's working!!

I did injury my right side few months ago - could that change texture?

Emma

NervUs
01-09-17, 02:23
The best thing you can do is have it checked and repeat after me- That it hasn't grown is a good sign. Sarcomas grow to very large sizes and, in five years, I imagine you would have seen a lot of change if this was not benign.

NancyW
01-09-17, 03:53
I found mine in the same spot as yours after my 1st child was born

I was hysterical.

Went to 2 drs, both said lypoma. I couldn't let it go. Had my dr remove it. She actually held it up and said "look, it's even yellow like fat"

The way she described lipomas is like when you pull the skin off a piece of chicken. You see some softer fat but also lumpy fat that's harder and lays onto of the muscle. I'll never forget her description... it made sense.

28 years later, I still feel a little something on my rib if I poke around. I to try hard to keep my hands to myself.

You're ok, I just know it. :-)