PDA

View Full Version : shouldn't have mess with caffeine (uh-oh, incoming panic attack.)

deejaay2
01-09-17, 02:55
Was at a restaurant with family earlier, had two cups of juice (really sweet) then the third cup of dark pop (which I shouldn't be drinking, one of my triggers for a panic attack) And again, I drink a sprite. Now I'm feeling anxious (stomach hurting, heart goes to normal then racing and back to normal again)

I shouldn't have done that. shame on you, Deanna! lol.

Does caffeine (like two or three cups of it triggers anxiety?) or what's your triggers?

right now, I'm trying to calm myself down so a panic attack won't come on.

:scared15:

Juggar
01-09-17, 09:06
Caffeine is a stimulant and for some people can very easily cause panic attacks. Or at least that "on edge" feeling that most people might interpret as being "hyper".

It of course depends on the caffeine content of the drink and your sensitivity to it. But soda does have a good amount. Just look at a 12 ounce can.

It used to affect me badly but not so much anymore. I'd say if it's causing you troubles now, just don't drink it. Or at least enjoy it at home so you don't have to deal with any panic worries in public.

Bigboyuk
01-09-17, 10:14
Yes it can and also trigger depression too Iam gluten for 2 or 3 coffees in the morning a few months back I started to increase the amount of coffee I used per cup not using a tea spoon I decided to use a desert spoon in every cup :eek: It made me feel worse, soon gave that up and it's made a difference to my moods too :) Guess it depends on the individual but would say cut down the caffeine intake it's not good for you :) Cheers