PDA

View Full Version : Help me deal with this

Charlie1108
01-09-17, 09:36
Hi all. I've posted before so I won't bore you all again. Quick overview - I've been suffering with ectopics since becoming pregnant, baby is now 4 months and I'm still getting them - not as frequent but they've changed to big thuds on my chest. I've had all the tests. Saw gp and she's adamant it's anxiety/hormonal/gastric as I belch after the bouts. Now on Prozac (day 3) and lorazepam. My question is how do you get on with your life with these things? As mine only happen when I'm active I'm too scared to do a single thing which is really affecting us as a family. I can't get past the feeling that I will drop down dead. Any words of encouragement please? X

KK77
01-09-17, 10:57
Make the effort to do everything you did before - you won't drop dead - that's your anxiety. The more you are inactive the worse it gets. Your meds should also start helping so get back to doing all the things you did before. Life will get better and easier.

Charlie1108
01-09-17, 21:39
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me. I really hope I can get my old life back inst ad of thinking each and every palp will kill me. Looking at my original post, it should say I'm on Prozac and lanzoprasol so fingers crossed they'll help me out!

Catherine S
02-09-17, 03:27
Hi Charlie, what makes you think the palps you get now are going to kill you? The palps you had throughout your pregnancy didn't and you managed to give birth, so why would the doctors and midwives have allowed you to go through that if they thought you had something wrong with your heart?

Your baby is only a few months old and your hormones won't be completely settled down yet, so it could just be that. Give it a little more time. Hopefully your meds will help too.

Cath (#ISB ) x

Charlie1108
02-09-17, 10:36
I suppose it's because they feel so different - like a massive thud! I had my follow up holter over a month ago and still haven't had the results so I'm presuming that's good news! I'm just struggling to accept this as anxiety. But determined to not let it ruin my life x