PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

Stu n84
01-09-17, 20:12
Hi my name is Stuart and I'm 33 years old.At the start of July I left a job that I had been in for nearly five years as I had a falling out with upper management and felt it best to get out.Shortly after I started having problems with sleep and then one night I had what I now suspect might have been a panic attack,I felt really light headed and my heart was racing, i was contemplating calling for an ambulance but I rode it out and managed to calm myself down a bit.I went to the doctors a few days later and he diagnosed me with anxiety,which took me by surprise as it has never been something I have suffered with before,he prescribed me with citalopram which I haven't taken as the idea of been on antidepressants scared me so I went down the herbal route with mixed results,I'm now 6 weeks down the line having had some better days and some bad days, the good days wrongly giving me false hope that i was getting better,on the whole I'm struggling especially I don't really understand what makes me feel this way.On my bad days I'm stuggling to eat and have lost quite a bit of weight as a result.Apologies for the essay:)

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 20:09 ----------

Also I'm going on holiday to Spain for 11 days on Tuesday and I'm worried how I'm feeling will ruin the holiday,also doesn't help that I don't like flying so that's an added worry I could do without.

venusbluejeans
01-09-17, 20:16
Hiya Stu n84 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Ale85
01-09-17, 20:22
Hi Stu,

I am new, and haven't posted an introduce myself post just yet... but I completely get the feeling of being worried about how you may feel on holiday and if it will ruin it. I had this a couple weeks ago....and of course my little trip to Bournemouth for a couple days was totally fine. I was so stressed out that it made me throw up. and then sleep for 13 hours where I was so exhausted from being stressed.... this is all totally new to me too, and yesterday got given Citalopram as well...taken one so far and panicking! But I kept telling my self that the holiday was going to be fun and break away from worry, and keeping my self busy helped, like when on the train, listening to music and reading to keep your mind of it. it helped me.

can I ask what where your herbal alternatives?

Thanks
Anna

Stu n84
01-09-17, 21:16
Hi Anna,course I don't mind,I originally thought the anxiety would go away if I could start sleeping properly again so started off on nytol herbal tablets,which to be honest didn't work for me,I then moved on to Holland & Barrett valerian plus tablets as they are supposed to help you sleep and also help with anxiety,they definitely helped on the sleep front but I'm not sure if they have helped my anxiety.Thinking of getting something else to take just in case,not sure what though.Hope the citalopram works for you,I should have bitten the bullet and taken them,may have to consider doing so when back off holiday.

Ale85
01-09-17, 23:15
Hi, thanks for letting me know, I wasn't hesitant at first as well. Works for some by sounds of it but not for all. Do what makes you feel comfortable. Hope you have a nice holiday

Stu n84
02-09-17, 00:34
Cheers,hope you start feeling better soon,feel free to let me know how you're getting on on here.