PDA

View Full Version : Kind of nervous..

deejaay2
01-09-17, 23:47
Hello, everyone! How are you doing? Happy Friday btw(:

And I'm doing good, but got kind of nervous. Why? May sounds funny so you can laugh and call me crazy lol. I felt like something crawled into my ear. like a bug? Lol. It happened while laying down, I had use my pinky to get what's out of there (only my earwax came out lol) ewww.

But I keep digging into my ears and feel slight tingles on my face which almost made me go into a panic. I search to see if it was true and read one of the articles where it say a bug had crawled into a man's ear, ate inside it and lost his hearing. Wow. I didn't hear no moving or nothing. So a bug is probably not in there? lol. Silly dede. Cannot wait to go therapy, I have a lot to tell lol.

Deanna J. :)

ServerError
01-09-17, 23:57
One thing a therapist will want you to do is stop going searching on the internet for obscure horror stories that 99.999999% of humanity have never experienced but that confirm your own irrational fear. I mean, if you think about it, typing "crawling feeling in ear like a bug" isn't going to bring up stories full of people whose ears tingled but then they just went to work and lived their lives, is it?

Not having a go at you or anything like that. Just trying to draw your attention to your self-destructive behaviour, which I'm sure you can see anyway. What you'll hopefully learn in therapy, among many things, is to counter that first fear reaction with different thoughts - like how irrational that first fear spasm was and how it's nothing to worry about.

Fishmanpa
02-09-17, 00:57
One thing a therapist will want you to do is stop going searching on the internet for obscure horror stories that 99.999999% of humanity have never experienced but that confirm you're own irrational fear. I mean, if you think about it, typing "crawling feeling in ear like a bug" isn't going to bring up stories full of people whose ears tingled but then they just went to work and lived their lives, is it?

Not having a go at you or anything like that. Just trying to draw your attention to your self-destructive behaviour, which I'm sure you can see anyway. What you'll hopefully learn in therapy, among many things, is to counter that first fear reaction with different thoughts - like how irrational that first fear spasm was and how it's nothing to worry about.

Agreed Server. The earlier post about too much caffeine mirrored this in pattern and is a convoluted reassurance seeking behavior (Based on my armchair psychiatrist degree :))

Positive thoughts

Catherine S
02-09-17, 02:35
Deana, since joining the forum in June you've posted most days, often posting up to three times a day about different fears. Nothing seems to reassure you no matter how many times people reply to you. In fact on some threads you hardly react to the replies you get, before you post another one.

That's classic reassurence-seeking behaviour, but it's obviously spiralling out of control. I doubt that the therapist you get to see will accept it, so you have to be prepared for him or her to tell you...as part of the therapy. ..not to continue in this way. We don't seem to be able to help you, hopefully the therapist will.

Take care
:)