PDA

View Full Version : Lymph Nodes and depression

becca98
02-09-17, 01:06
Hello me again, I have a gland and I dont know if its swollen tbh. It looks like its in the submanidbular area, I'm also 14 weeks pregnant and got a cold, but I can only feel it on one side, id say its like a pea moves when I press it :doh: this boring stuff again, but my health anxiety is through the roof and I wondered if anyone could help me? it really isnt helping my depression and i'm worrying so much and cant be good for baby, feel so selfish worrying about something, I guess what I'm asking if why can I only feel one? .... :huh:
sorry to be annoying with these posts lol

Fishmanpa
02-09-17, 01:19
I guess what I'm asking if why can I only feel one?

Frankly, it doesn't matter whether you can feel a node on one side or another. That's just human anatomy and a pea sized node is not considered swollen. That irrational thought powers your anxiety and and yes, it can be depressing to be obsessing and fearing as you are.

I don't recall, are you getting professional help?

Positive thoughts

becca98
02-09-17, 01:31
Frankly, it doesn't matter whether you can feel a node on one side or another. That's just human anatomy and a pea sized node is not considered swollen. That irrational thought powers your anxiety and and yes, it can be depressing to be obsessing and fearing as you are.

Positive thoughts

Hello! I know I just think I'm being silly but my anxiety always seems to over take me :weep: I am just very stressed going through a break up and pregnant and think my mind is choosing to obsess over this instead, I am going to talk to my midwife next week when I see her, but ive had this for a while now health anixety as my grandmother was diagnosed with hodgkins, but she is now 10 years and no growth but still I worry, I really hate my brain :roflmao: hope you're well aswell!

---------- Post added at 01:31 ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 ----------

Positive thoughts

I am sorry to quote you again, but I can only feel the gland while putting my head up if that makes sense and the skin around it is completely thin, is that a good sign to stop worrying? I just dont want to stress this much pregnant :hugs:x

Fishmanpa
02-09-17, 01:36
I'll just quote myself ;)

Positive thoughts

becca98
02-09-17, 01:40
I'll just quote myself ;)

Positive thoughts

You are right, I just need someone to crawl in my brain and tell me that at all times!! I wonder why health anxiety suffers are so scared of lymph nodes! :shrug:

Thelegend27
02-09-17, 20:11
Not all nodes will be symmetrical in everyone, im living proof of that. although my node worries left and then came back i can tell you that its almost certainly due to the cold. please dont go down this road, im nearly 1 year in and its been a terrible ride.

Whyme07
02-09-17, 21:58
I have one random lymph node in front of my right ear. Not in my left