PDA

View Full Version : I am a mess right now

Danuella
05-06-07, 20:58
Hi,sorry if this is quite a long post but right now i feel so confused.I have a terrible fear of vertigo and just recently i've found another thing which might cause it its a jaw disorder and now i think i might have it,Crazy i know.its called TMJ and i've just spoke to a doctor and he said i should speak to my doc cos its a possibility.
I have clicking jaw occasionly,when i open my mouth really wide it locks,right now my jaw joint is aching and i get alot of migraine type headaches around my jaw joint,ears and temple,i also have tinnutis and all these things can be TMJ.I'm really stressing right now,also because i've found Aspirin and Ibuprofen can cause vertigo but cant find anything else about that ya know like if it from long term use of the or a reallt rare side effect.
I'm in pain and i'm just too scared to take anything other then paracetomol.
I'm also feeling really down cos i always seem to have something wrong with me,i have a buffalo hump on the back of my neckmy mum,sis and nan and gt nan also hve this but the doc reckon its jst a fatty lump,if thats the case why do we get so much pain in it!!
Sorry bout all this i'm feeling really scared right now especially if i have TMJ i'll have to see a dentist and i have a terrible phobia of that too,i just feel a mess right now and i am so sick of seeing the doctor or speaking to them when alot of the time its in my mind!!
xx

mirry
05-06-07, 21:23
I have tmj , my dentist gave me excersizes to do and it helped but still have dizzyness , when i used to open my mouth wide it would click and go over to one side. I also have the tinnitus.

Also I grind my teeth which can cause it.

you can get gum shields for this problem.

anxious
06-06-07, 09:18
I had jaw problems for quite a few years, but eventually it eased and now i just get flare ups. I found warmth helped (lavendar bags), i got a mouth guard from my dentist for when it was really bad and i also found chewing gum helped? Something i learnt was that by resting the tip of your tongue on the top of your bottom front teeth, you can't possibly clench your jaw and it relieves tension - try it whilst on pc or watching tv, anytime your not talking.
anx xx ((((hugs)))))

nanny
06-06-07, 10:03
Hi
I too have a clicky jaw, so much so that when i eat at table my husband can hear it when i chew and it drives him crazy:lac:
My dentist referred me to the hospital dentist who took x rays and he said it's just loose cartlidge. It hurts like hell some days, giving me pain round my ear and my neck.
BUT he said it's nothing to worry about, so hopefully the same will apply to you:winks:

Magpie
06-06-07, 13:53
I've got TMJ, it's not really a problem, just sore. Your dentist won't mess around, they'll probably just refer you straight to an oral and maxillofacial surgeon or similar (not as scary as it sounds!!) and they'll probably fit you for a bite appliance. This is faintly annoying but removeable and will definitely help. Try not to stress about it, loads of people have TMJ and it's a lot less fuss to get it sorted than to live with the annoyance and pain you've got!

Lissy43
06-06-07, 15:44
I suffer from TMJ, I have just seen an ENT surgeon this week and he has said its not glue ear like my GP thought but TMJ caused by tension and also allergies.

I suffer TMJ on & off, I have a flare up right now and im in abit of pain and it feels inflammed.

It really is nothing to worry about hun, taking neurofen will help the inflamation. Have you seen your GP about it? I know what you mean, im at the drs nearly every week lately about myself or the kids, I get so paranoid about what they all think about me but I can't help it if im in pain and if my 3 kids pass viruses around constantly.

I am scared of the dentist, I didn't go for 13 yrs but 3 mths ago I went and I was so glad I went. I wasn't scared at all and I had to have just 1 filling. You will be fine.

I haven't seen my dentist about the TMJ though, its just stress related and I also have a funny bite so the dentist has said, lol!

Danuella
06-06-07, 18:05
Thanks everyone
Cherry i am so glad that you've finally found ut whats wrong with you,it must be such a releif for you.
Hugs
xx

Lissy43
06-06-07, 20:21
Thanks hun,

I am still suffering with the tmj but its not worrying me really, at least i know its just allergies and my jaw causing my ear probs now;-)

You will be fine:-)