PDA

View Full Version : I slit my wrists today

jared
02-09-17, 19:28
In over 10 years, I haven't come to the point of cutting or slitting.

Today that all changed.

A little back story.
Nothing and nobody is on my side. Ever. If I say one thing, there's five other people telling me the opposite is true. I have troubles at my job. I have troubles in my personal life where my fiance doesn't want to talk about anything. I have trouble with anybody paying any attention or respect to me.

I'm a musician. I have gloriously released 6 albums all by myself, with no help, from anyone. Ever. I have played all of the parts perfectly on each instrument. I have mixed and mastered them. They sound as good as anything out there today. But do I sell them? No. Not a single damn sale. I'm insanely talented and very good at rhythm and melody. But yet I can't get a drummer to commit. They play for a month and leave. Or they play for a day and leave. I swear I'm not mean or anything. I encourage them, tell them great job, etc. Nobody wants to stick around. IF I play a show, and people clap (albeit quietly than other acts), they still don't want anything to do with my work. I have a facebook band page. I have maybe 40 likes. Yet a band page that started up last week can have over 500. I can't get gigs. I can't get people to give a shit or follow me. I post a new album, and out of my 500 "friends" I get maybe 6 likes. I post a new status update regarding a life change, something huge, and I get 5 likes. Someone posts a picture of themselves sitting on their back deck and boom, 230 likes. I don't get it.

Apart from social MEDIA, my social life sucks too. I don't have any real life friends where I live. Closest friend is 330 miles away. I've tried. People fade away. They don't show up. They flake or stop calling or texting. "Getting a drink" or "hanging out" turns into "yeah something came up". I work at a job where I am treated unfairly and it goes unnoticed. Yet when I try to even the score myself (since nobody will stick up for me), I'm chastised as an @$$ hole and yelled at by 5 different people. One of the people I work with is an autistic moron (yes I said it, flame away) and I posted on facebook that I don't get along with autistic people. Not to mention I've also dealt with an online stalker who is a known autistic too, and an auty kid my ex wife tried to get me to adopt kept stealing stuff, cursing at my mom, and getting me in trouble with the law. My fiancee's brother is autistic, and he's never thankful for anything and is a wannabe Nazi. So yeah I'm not too fond of the type. On the post, My "friends" all jumped on to say that I was a selfish @$$ who deserved to die etc etc. And that I'm the moron. Where were all of you people when I posted my life change story or my new album? Huh? Now you feel the need to jump out of the bushes to beat me to death. On top of that facebook suspended my profile for posting that one comment, "I don't get along with autistic people".

Also, ^^^ if a handful of you jump on here to flame me for that, I'm prepared. I've got my bat and ready to start hitting the balls that are being fast pitched at my face because yeah, it makes so much more sense to throw shit at somebody than to get to know them and YOU don't know MY story, so **** you.

Basically

TLDR, I can never do anything right in the eyes of anyone, and someone can do something five times worse and be applauded and I do something minor and I get totally outcasted. I'm a real life pariah.

Last night my fiancee cried herself to sleep because she was afraid I was going to kill myself. I put a gun to my head and realized it wasn't loaded so I loaded the magazine with hollow points and she took the gun away before I could grab it. Today after she left for work I slit my wrists. I'm currently bandaging my wounds and it took a long time to type this as it's practically one-handed.

I don't know if I'm asking for advice, or for support, or just to post something somewhere so somebody remembers me somehow. I've vowed to shut everyone out of my life yet here I am begging for people again.

Life is a damn sick joke.

Benjammin69
02-09-17, 19:31
In over 10 years, I haven't come to the point of cutting or slitting.

Today that all changed.

A little back story.
Nothing and nobody is on my side. Ever. If I say one thing, there's five other people telling me the opposite is true. I have troubles at my job. I have troubles in my personal life where my fiance doesn't want to talk about anything. I have trouble with anybody paying any attention or respect to me.

I'm a musician. I have gloriously released 6 albums all by myself, with no help, from anyone. Ever. I have played all of the parts perfectly on each instrument. I have mixed and mastered them. They sound as good as anything out there today. But do I sell them? No. Not a single damn sale. I'm insanely talented and very good at rhythm and melody. But yet I can't get a drummer to commit. They play for a month and leave. Or they play for a day and leave. I swear I'm not mean or anything. I encourage them, tell them great job, etc. Nobody wants to stick around. IF I play a show, and people clap (albeit quietly than other acts), they still don't want anything to do with my work. I have a facebook band page. I have maybe 40 likes. Yet a band page that started up last week can have over 500. I can't get gigs. I can't get people to give a shit or follow me. I post a new album, and out of my 500 "friends" I get maybe 6 likes. I post a new status update regarding a life change, something huge, and I get 5 likes. Someone posts a picture of themselves sitting on their back deck and boom, 230 likes. I don't get it.

Apart from social MEDIA, my social life sucks too. I don't have any real life friends where I live. Closest friend is 330 miles away. I work at a job where I am treated unfairly and it goes unnoticed. Yet when I try to even the score myself (since nobody will stick up for me), I'm chastised as an @$$ hole and yelled at by 5 different people. One of the people I work with is an autistic moron (yes I said it, flame away) and I posted on facebook that I don't get along with autistic people. Not to mention I've also dealt with an online stalker who is a known autistic too, and a kid my ex wife tried to get me to adopt kept stealing stuff, cursing at my mom, and getting me in trouble with the law. My fiancee's brother is autistic, and he's never thankful for anything and is a wannabe Nazi. So yeah I'm not too fond of the type. On the post, My "friends" all jumped on to say that I was a selfish @$$ who deserved to die etc etc. And that I'm the moron. Where were all of you people when I posted my life change story or my new album? Huh? Now you feel the need to jump out of the bushes to beat me to death. On top of that facebook suspended my profile for posting that one comment, "I don't get along with autistic people".

Also, ^^^ if a handful of you jump on here to flame me for that, I'm prepared. I've got my bat and ready to start hitting the balls that are being fast pitched at my face because yeah, it makes so much more sense to throw shit at somebody than to get to know them and YOU don't know MY story, so **** you.

Basically

TLDR, I can never do anything right in the eyes of anyone, and someone can do something five times worse and be applauded and I do something minor and I get totally outcasted. I'm a real life pariah.

Last night my fiancee cried herself to sleep because she was afraid I was going to kill myself. Today after she left for work I slit my wrists. I'm currently bandaging my wounds and it took a long time to type this as it's practically one-handed.

I don't know if I'm asking for advice, or for support, or just to post something somewhere so somebody remembers me somehow. I've vowed to shut everyone out of my life yet here I am begging for people again.

Hi,

So why did you cut your wrists? Was it attention? Was it cause you wanted to die? Was it desperation? Has it had the impact you want? It's a very fast way to get yourself sectioned, I cut mine a year ago and I didn't achieve anything and felt embarrassed by it. Nothing is permanent - are you on meds? Therapy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike83
02-09-17, 19:54
Have you heard of Bandcamp.com? You can sell music directly to people. Maybe start a Youtube channel too? I know it can be hard to get noticed on Youtube though. What instruments do you play? I'm trying to learn guitar and it seems hard, especially with my stubby fingers.

Not sure what advice to give you, cutting your wrists won't help much though.

jared
02-09-17, 19:55
Hi,

So why did you cut your wrists? Was it attention? Was it cause you wanted to die? Was it desperation? Has it had the impact you want? It's a very fast way to get yourself sectioned, I cut mine a year ago and I didn't achieve anything and felt embarrassed by it. Nothing is permanent - are you on meds? Therapy?

I take four different medications for anxiety, depression, and dysthymia.

I slit my wrists because I wanted an escape. I've shut the blinds and shut everything out of my life. I've cancelled all the plans I have for this week. With any luck it will have been a considerate thing to do in advance.

Benjammin69
02-09-17, 19:56
I may be wrong but to me this is a desperate plea for help... you need to get help asap with the way your mind is at the moment

jared
02-09-17, 19:58
Have you heard of Bandcamp.com? You can sell music directly to people. Maybe start a Youtube channel too? I know it can be hard to get noticed on Youtube though. What instruments do you play? I'm trying to learn guitar and it seems hard, especially with my stubby fingers.

Not sure what advice to give you, cutting your wrists won't help much though.

I have bandcamp

My material is available on band camp, cd army, cd baby, amazon.com, itunes, pandora, spotify, best buy, barnes and noble, fye, and virgin records. Also a dozen indie shops around the midwest. I've done all of the foot work to get them into those stores.

It's amazing I haven't sold more. No label will pick me up. :noangel:

---------- Post added at 13:58 ---------- Previous post was at 13:57 ----------

I may be wrong but to me this is a desperate plea for help... you need to get help asap with the way your mind is at the moment

What do you mean exactly by that post?

AntsyVee
02-09-17, 20:50
Please call and talk to someone: 1-800-273-8255

Suicide only hurts those left behind. If there is anyone you do care about in life, please don't do this to them.

KK77
02-09-17, 21:05
Go to a hospital where you can get help ASAP. There is help out there if you reach out Jared.

All the best.

Fishmanpa
02-09-17, 21:10
What do you mean exactly by that post?

As others are saying, reaching out for help in real life is vital based on your post. There are mental health hotlines in every area of the US. help is a phone call away.

Positive thoughts

Pipkin
02-09-17, 22:13

Jared,

We are genuinely here to help and you've had some very sound advice.

I understand that you're in a bad place but please don't be aggressive. It's not helpful and will only deter some people from helping you.

If you feel like hurting yourself again, call someone or go to A&E. There are very few things in life that can't be sorted, no matter how bleak they seem.

Take care

Pip

Bigboyuk
02-09-17, 23:58
Hi Jared I can totally 100% relate to you with out going through it all again ok :) I was in a very bad place 7 months ago and also wanted to commit suicide with my heart meds that iam going to be on the rest of my life I have cried and cried cause my life was shit my dog picked up on my mood and I just held her, she licked my face and brought me back to my senses, she is my best friend :) and now life is miles better I too urge you to seek help have you talked to your Dr about what's happened? Cheers

jared
03-09-17, 17:18
Unfortunately it's the weekend so all psychs are out of the office. I've managed so far and covered up my wounds and went to work yesterday.

I'm curious if anyone else has the same experience as me with lots of people hating them even though another person can do the same thing and not be hated or even applauded for it?

AntsyVee
03-09-17, 17:25
My husband has had to do some very unpopular things at work because of his position. You will never make everyone 100% happy. Some people will always be disgruntled. You try to make the right decisions in the best interests of you and those around you that you're responsible for, and that's really all you can do.

One thing I have learned though is that social media is not usually healthy for most people's mental health. If you must use it for work, use it, but otherwise stay off of it.